Agnostic.com

2 6

New world record.

Longest Dive On Planet Earth - On A Single Breath. Official Guinness World Record By Stig Severinsen
“When the world was hit by Covid-19 almost a year ago, I was looking for a way to show that the pandemic was not an excuse to forget our priorities for nature, or put our ambitions on standby. On the contrary. That is why I have spent the time training and developing both myself and my message ”.

Stig Severinsen, who also has a Ph.D. in Medicine, went out with his company Breatheology to provide training opportunities so that people could strengthen their breathing capacity and be better prepared for a possible infection. This meant a free release of Severinsen's bestseller: Breatheology - The Art of Conscious Breathing in 10 languages and the development of a free online breathing training program targeted at the corona crisis for both the Danish and international audience. Simultaneously with the work, the freediver initiated an intense training regime, consisting of both physical and meditative development, in order to create the sensational record.

“My message is that the globe is an amazing place and that our body together with our brain can achieve the most incredible things. Rather than allowing ourselves to be paralyzed by fear, we must continue the human endeavours. But it must be done in harmony with nature - not against it. When we forget the fear and choose the action, we ourselves are masters of our destiny ”,says the freediver.

Also check out the free eBook & training videos to prepare your body to fight off C19 -
[breatheology.com]

FrayedBear 9 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's deep. There is a Frenchman who holds the record for a single breath time under water. Over 6 minutes.

I was totally wrong. His record was at 7 plus. BUT NOW, a German has hel DC his single breath for 22 minutes - didn't know that was possible.

You misunderstand - the record is not for going down 202 metres but swimming horizontally underwater for 202.0 metres. Also he achieved underwater breath holding record back in 2010 of holding his breath underwater for 20.1 minutes - a far lengthier time than 6 minutes. Others I think have since exceeded his record.

@FrayedBear Better them then me

@Canndue lol, we mere deficients can only gawp. Interestingly after smoking for about 40 years I gave up because of commencement of noticeable damage to my lungs. About ten years later I participated in his Breatheology course. After I had my local asthma nurse measure my lung capacity and although I erred in not having my lung capacity measured prior to the course, I was surprised to be told that many young men, 40 years my junior, applying for their scuba diving licenses had capacities only threequarters my own.

@FrayedBear Awesome

@Canndue I still try to always breathe in and out through my nose. The in part is particularly important for many reasons one being that the body (nasal pasage) adds to air something that improves your uptake of oxygen in the lungs. Possibly helping explain why ventilators & C19 didn't greatly fix the problem.

@FrayedBear I’m a nose breather as well, but I’ve fought issues with sinuses/nasal my whole life. Even when I was running 3 miles every other day, I was constantly gasping for breath. Just couldn’t get enough air through the nose. As soon as I inhaled through the mouth, my throat would dry up...I’m so jealous of your lung capacity.

@Canndue have you tried cleaning your nose/sinuses with salt water. You hold your head on one side & just pour salt water through your highest nostril to let it pour out of the lower into the sink?
I suggest you download the book & free tutorial course & then start training. You can do it at any age & state of health - just follow the safety rules.

@FrayedBear you something akin to a Neti pot? I have, to no avail. I suspect it is just a physical limitation.

@Canndue I have now but after having my nasal septum operated on ten years ago to correct it after twice having it broken by a violent woman a large syringe was used to regularly flush the blood out. The op didn't fully work, I still tend to sleep holding the nasal cavity open.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562793
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.