Agnostic.com

8 17

Our Health Care Heroes are Getting Fed Up With Us

Doctors, nurses and others risk their lives every day and wonder why it’s so important for everyone else to go to bars.

Barbara Stanerson, a physical therapist in Iowa City, Iowa, who treats COVID-19 hospital patients, isn’t interested in the hero talk anymore.

“Somebody said, ‘Well, we want to do something for the health care workers. Can we bring in pizza?’ I said, ‘You know what? Go out on the street, and every person you meet without a mask, slap them across the face. That might help us,’” Stanerson said.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great idea!

Pizza will feed me for a moment, but it is NOT helping with the work load. It is addressing the wrong part of the problem.

I'm with them bitch slap them

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 23, 2020

dental appt tonight, the hygenist says how it may all not be so necessary. Really? Just keep your mask on lady. grrrr

Maybe she is in favor or selling the vaccine.

They really put out there in the last part of this post. Working is almost rough in retail, when you get verbal abuse about asking them to put on a mask and other ways show they don't give a fuck about the person behind the counter.

Sounds like an excellent plan to me,Need something off the wall to sink in

Florida governor Desantis will not vaccinate essential workers.
[forbes.com]

What an A hole ,

Wow . I did not know that , I guess I missed reading news . Wow 🙁

I miss South Florida, but him and Trump are nightmares within nightmares. How do these jokers get voted in. Especially since their state is on the overachievers list for high number of COVID cases.

it's no wonder. many aren't doing anything to help.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563081
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.