Agnostic.com

23 26

Merry Everyone on Earth Eve.
You can call it anything you like, please refrain from contradicting well wishes.
We'll eventually achieve a sort of consensus if the social tidal waves give us a moment to find the good in one another, even if we almost violently disagree with some political opinions, which is NORMAL in any restricted animal population under stress.

I'll take Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Merry Meet, Hail Satan, it's all good so long as I see past your expression and see you wishing me well, sometimes honestly, sometimes ironically, but I'll take what I can get.

I don't know of people using holiday greetings to mean "Screw You."
There's a bit of "Fuck you" in every "I'll pray for you."
It's effective enough that Fox News has been trying to put some "Screw You" into "Merry Christmas" for some time.

I'll pray for Fox News (ironic atheist subliminal messaging).

Willow_Wisp 8 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Merry Christmas!

skado Level 9 Dec 24, 2020

Happy Saturnalia and Heathens Greetings!❤❤❤

Fuck that shit! I wish you well every day of the year.

Festivus -- for the rest-of-us. 🙂

I think I love you!
Perfect!

Happy, happy. Merry, merry.

Greetings and much cheer to you on your second opportunity. Merry Merry to a speedy recovery.
Being single I wonder if or how I'll be remembered, then again who gives a fuck 🙂. Live with a fullness that only you can feel for it is a solo journey and the connections we make it make it worth while.

Best wishes for a very merry and happy Christmas, or at least the best we can expect under the circumstances.

Thanks much for well wishes. 'Merry Meet' sounds about perfect for a world which can't digest more negativity.
Merry Meet to you today and all days!

Most people are enculturated into religion since birth. So for many, wishing someone well comes out in religious terms. Think of it as a form of language if it's well intentioned.

Fox News had to hear the words "Merry Christmas." Apparently if you used any other words for the holiday you were not Christian. So, here I am. Merry Christmas, Mary Christmas, and happy whatever you call it.

Well said, and back atcha !

TO_BY Level 7 Dec 25, 2020

I do my best to avoid saying anything because I don't wish or have reason to wish people tidings or happiness any more on holidays than I do any other time. To do so (and not
really mean it) makes them trite and meaningless and me a phony.

Hi wishing you health and well being

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 25, 2020

Merry Giftmas here! Merry, happy , healthy, "insert your holiday here, " to you!! If you don't celebrate then i wish you a merry, happy, healthy day!

Happy Holidays!

May you know happiness for all of your life.

Well said , warmest wishes to to you

Happy Holidays!

Thank you and merry Christmas to you too! Very wise post.

The reality is those who care always want some form of personal gratification to hold their place in line!!!

Happy Friday! May it not be 'Freezing your ass off temperatures there'!

It's a positively arctic 57° from a chilly 64° high temperature.
I almost thought I needed to take off my flip flops and put on my shoes.
To chilly to not wear something, but most things are to hot so it's fashion layering skill building exercise, I rank novice.

@Willow_Wisp
You are welcome to the brisk temperatures to help you decide.

@Holysocks Good outer cold weather gear can cover a lot of fashion incorrectness.
Like the winter in Alabama where I wore a long p-coat ankle length, double breasted that closed completely. I always had PJs on underneath, it was comfy. I had a 29 inch waste back then, I made that coat look good.

@Willow_Wisp
They are the best! I've got one in storage, but no way to get to it.

@Willow_Wisp From everyone in Ohio, a very loving fuck you very much.

I just heard about your scare. So glad you will be OK. Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thanks for remembering me, I fear dying and no one knowing that I ever was.
It's irrational, but a little validation calms those insecurities more than you know.
Thank you.

@Willow_Wisp we'd miss you Willow. I hope you're recovering well and having a peaceful and enjoyable time of the year. 😄

@Willow_Wisp You are welcome. This feeling is not irrational at all. At my age, with no children l know when l'm gone l will be forgotten pretty quickly. Sometimes it is a strange feeling. My brother had a stint put in a few years ago and we still play music, and he feels fine.You will be fine too. You will probably have more energy. I know he did.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563364
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.