Agnostic.com

33 7

The Wall Pink FLoyd's version or at the US Mexico border

I feel the need for a growth experience. What are your opinions on the wall at the southern border?

• 2 votes
  • 18 votes
  • 27 votes
btroje 9 Apr 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd have gone for Pink Floyd, but the first line is "We don't need no education". So, I chose tht the border wall isjust a bad idea.

There have been studies showign it woudl cos tless to just monitor th eborder with drones.

In the NE - those doing the work speak Spanish as their native lingo - even in a PA truck stop the kitchen staff are Hispanic - only the wait staff are "local". There aren't any Brits, Swedes, Germans -- or Even Italians or Polish who think that here is better than there! We have always relied upon immigrants to do "the dirty work".

It is ironic that if the wall were to be built (a bad idea) - it would probably be built w/ Spanish speaking labor....

If the wall would actualy solve any problems we have, it could be a reasonable argument. But it won't.

Fixed fortifications are always flanked.

yeah they are a nonverbal challenge

Does anybody remember the Berlin wall?
Walls fall down. Tom Petty told us.

of course! best not build them in the first place

Down with the borders let alone walls. This is insanity in the 21st century

and the wall was floyds crappiest album as the original group. waters was on a mega downer coz of his dad dying

Pink Floyd all the way! The wall is an unbelievably stupid idea. It definitely won't stop drugs. Thousands of containers come in on ships everyday, and something like 2% are inspected. If you think that a lot of drugs don't come in on those ships you would be wrong. Eliminate the migrant farm workers you could be paying a couple of bucks for a tomato. The construction business in a lot of states would be in deep shit. In Texas it would be catastrophic.

We have roofing and dry wall hanging done buy the Mexican laborers in Louisiana. The white business owners hire them cheap because they speak very little English. The Forman speaks both languages. Everyone's happy. The wall will change that.

@BucketlistBob l remember after Katrina someone in New Orleans said without those laborers they would have never gotten things rebuilt.

@Sticks48. Yep.... trumps just going to screw up the prices of things. He should be working on health care insurance instead of beating around the bush.

If you really wanna protect a border there are more effective ways of doing it than a wall. And much cheaper and psychologically scary deterrent ways.

Bad idea.
That wall won't stop the people who Trump has deemed undesirables.
Our Southern border isn't the only place where illegals come into the country.

A border wall can be circumvented by people, but not wildlife. Of course, with the EPA being dismainteled, there probably will be no talk of an environmental impact study.

nd think of all the people losing property by Eminent domain

I have always & will always be in favor of pulling down all borders, national boundaries, 'private property' fences & divisions worldwide - no exception in this case.

Enforcing labor laws would be much cheaper and more effective if the goal is to curb illegal immigration. The government could even make money if it actually fined rulebreaking employers like it is supposed too. Businesses blatantly employ people illegally that work for low pay and don't complain about working conditions. It's gross. We would probably pay more for food and other stuff if they had to stop.

MsAl Level 8 Apr 12, 2018

well said . that is rarely mentioned.

I was formerly married to someone of questionable legal status and got to know the system quite well. Also worked in resturaunts where they would take bogus ss cards and act surprised later like they didn't know. Theyed fire a few people for show if they got caught then just do it again no consequences.The only people who suffered were the actually illegal workers if they did get caught and they were pretty much disposable. It's like this whole underclass of people without basic rights that we keep allowing to happen.

I was reading a newspaper called The Asian Reporter about a year or so ago...this article had a great idea for a 'wall'...one with turnstyles...maybe an entrance fee (like a buck or two) and you get an entrance card, if you are caught without your entrance card, you get a 5 dollar fine, maybe...and this is only to alleviate the assholes who think we need to 'protect our borders' from some non-existent threat...look we did something....now don't be a dick to your neighbors...

Actually, this idea deserves some consideration.

A wall would just increase the number of tunnels crossing the border. We'd have to build in both directions to be effective. I think we should just build 6 walls surrounding anyone making this suggestion.

or encase them in a bubble

I do believe, sir, you should run for congress!

It is a complete waste of time, money and labor, not to mention very destructive to ecosystems and local communities, and will have little if any impact on illegal immigration, which has been falling as it is without the damn wall. It isn’t even up for debate at this point; that wall will never prevent modern migration. Period.

In a way, you’re right. Pink Floyd’s prop wall would be just as effective, and would cost a fuck-ton less than the monstrosity that dipshit has been ranting about.

But since a very vocal minority thinks it's more important to be terrified of people who look different than themselves and can't manage to figure out what taxes are actually for, Cheeto Mussloini von Pussygroper gets to go hog wild and act like the moron he is.

It pisses me off even more when the same attention, resources and focus towards other things (public works and infrastructure projects, for example) would resolve labor issues in all 50 states. It worked before and ushered some of the most prosperous times our nation has seen.

This entire administration is nothing more than a textbook example of disaster capitalism. This is what our country has been doing to the world since the 50’s and is (one of) the main reasons so many people hate our nation. The only difference is that it is now happening to us. What I can’t figure out is, do the people who voted for him realize what they created, and if so does their continued support indicate intellectual dishonesty, Stockholm Syndrome, or an absence of knowledge regarding how the world actually works? I’m thinking all three.

Actual border crossings on the ground have been down for years. They come in legally by plane and stay. Letting their visa's expire. A wall is a complete waste of money, time and manpower. Our infrastructure is complete crap, but we need a fucking wall. Hell no even if Mexico paid for it which they never will.

I read the question as asking "A" or "B" but the answer selection is "Yes" or "No"?

The US/Mexico border wall represents an enormous waste of resources.

A Floyd concert depicting the destruction of (I am guessing the US Mexico boarder) wall is I think a bit of a stretch as the Pink Floyd version of "The Wall" is a metaphorical analogy to dealing with psychological barriers and chemical addiction the artist erected to protect himself from additional emotional trauma.

you are getting too serious here

An ugly waste of my tax dollars. It won't stop anyone from getting across the border. #shovels

#ladders and #ropes

@RavenCT Not to mention if I were a smuggler or a human trafficker, I would use dynamite blowing holes repeatedly, up and down that wall costing Americans millions of dollars in upkeep. Stupid, stupid idea.

"And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall"

Nice

Etre Level 7 Apr 12, 2018

He's looking for a legacy. Something with his name on it. Anything with his name on it.

more like everything with his name on it

Build tables, not walls.

build schools and put well paid, highly qualified teachers in them

@markdevenish That works too.

Seriously? A wall..an un-needed wall?..ok build the damn thing out of Cardboard..bio-degradable Cardboard..

thats an idea

@btroje ain't it though..

The proposed border wall is a waste of tax payer money. The only people who come in across our land border are a few poor Mexican families looking to make some money working the fields in California. The criminals come in via our ocean borders and through our airports.

Pink Floyd's version of The Wall, however? One of the greatest rock operas of all time.

Bad idea from the big orange turd.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:56344
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.