Agnostic.com

4 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Christianity doesn't really have a 'defined set of values'.

Christian worshippers range from very compassionate and caring, all the way to full-blown, money-grabbing, self-centred shitbags who care for nothing and no-one but themselves.

For me, therefore, the 'true christian' concept is equally meaningless. 'True christians' are WHATEVER THEY ARE - and a substantial proportion of them are foul to the core.

You can't make any moral assumptions based on faith. None at all. You can't talk about 'doing christianity right' or 'doing christianity wrong' because the right and wrong aren't even agreed by the christians themselves.

I have a sister who is a devout christian - she preaches at local churches - and she is truly a wonderful woman. If all christians were like her, the world would be a better place by far, and I'd have vastly more respect for christianity.

Unfortunately many christians are NOT like my sister. 'Real christianity' just isn't. that good.

Not even close.

No you are not wrong, they are.

Christianity is literally based on hypocrisy. So that pretty much lines up well with them.

You are not wrong. Christianity appears to have been formulated by the Roman government to control a sect of religious fanatics. Now it is still used to make and control religious fanatics.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563720
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.