Agnostic.com

6 5

Had to go to Safeway, the nearest store to get some food for the cats. There ere two girls trying to position themselves for sleep right outside the door. I am not used to seeing this. I overheard them stating that they were there because they had been ejected from their Apartment due to not being able to pay rent. If this is starting here then the rest of the Nation is in deep shit, should they attempt to make their way to DC to sleep in front of the Capital? Thoughts.

dalefvictor 8 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There will be many more like them - in every state - before this is over.

They need to find a shelter fast

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 31, 2020

I truly wish that I knew would be effective. Most importantly I hope these people find a safe warm place to sleep as soon as possible. We desperately need some local state and federal politicians with both compassion and innovative ideas.

We are that shithole country Trump was talking about.

I've never seen it at a supermarket. I've seen beggars in front of stores, flying a sign with a cup, but no sleeping. Subways and train stations are rampant with people sleeping. The cops don't do anything. It doesn't look good for visitors to the city. That's the first thing they see. It's nothing new. It's been going on for years.

There's going to be an awful lot of this before long. ;(

@Larimar Philly it's been rampant. Mostly a opioid problem more than the economy. It's both though.

they could go sleep in front of the Capitol and be completely ignored.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:564856
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.