Agnostic.com

2 3

With this pandemic, I find myself taking more naps. My mom and I share a house and do many things together. When I got tossed out of my job in Feb 2020 (almost 10 years there), I convinced my mother to move with me to North Carolina and we have been here since 08/30/2020. I finally was hired by the Health Department to help schedule people to come in and get their shot of the vaccine. It is good to feel productive again. I have also been helping at the animal sanctuary I do volunteer work for and we have been on several cat transports since moving here.

With all that, it has not taken away the mild depression I have been experiencing for the last few years. Since we are currently renting and the house is small, we have not been able to get book cases and unpack our many books. That, along with the knowledge that having been divorced since 2005, I will never experience the type of loving, long-lasting marriage that my parents had. I only have my mother and my cats, which in of itself, is not all that terrible, but it does get very lonely. When the weather is fine, we do try and take a walk every day. So many friends have lost family and friends during this trying time and I am just cried out. I had to put two of my oldest cats down in less than a week of each other - which hasn't helped. I did take in a kitten to foster for our sanctuary and my mother - who is not a big cat person - suggested that I formerly adopt him and baby Joey (JoJo) has been a great bright light to us both.

We have no problem with limiting how often we go out and we ALWAYS wear a mask when needed. This is NOT a political issue - it is simply a matter of life or death and we have absolutely NO sympathy for anyone who does not bother to wear a mask for the good of everyone.

What have you done to help alleviate the strain of these trying times?

pyepye56 4 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

BEAUTIFUL Aran Afghan!!! Did your or your mom make it?

I walk, I try to read more and I keep in touch with friends. I can't see them personally doesn't mean I can't talk to them. I've indulged my love of teas more. More self care and self discovery. I've been alone for almost 9 years and I definitely like myself more than when I started. It's not horrible. Remember things you love to do. While I can't travel now without risk, I take virtual tours and plan and save for them. My cat has appreciated my working from home.

The only comfort I can find , is that when things are really bad, the next turn of fortune is far more likely to be a good one. So I just hang in there, grind forward, and keep on reminding myself of all the good things that I do have. I am not sick in hospital, I don't have the covid, I have a sound roof over my head, food on the table, books to read, jobs to do, a companion, my friend in my case, your mother in yours, memories of the contributions I made in the past and the prospect that things can get better in the future. Then I remind myself that there are millions of people in the world who have none of those things, and not much hope for the future.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:565771
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.