Agnostic.com

5 1

In a bit of quandary here and I'm hoping for some helpful suggestions from friends and members.
Last Tuesday I was accosted and, according to the Shopping Complex's Lawyers, Verbally Abused.
Yesterday I received a phone call from the Complex's Owners and the Management asking if I would attend a meeting with them to discuss the matter, I agreed and 1 hour later a car was sent to my home to collect and take me to this meeting.
The Owners and Management explained that they are appalled, disgusted and angered by the behaviour of the woman involved in the incident and they fully intend to take Legal Actions against her in the Local Courts.
These are the Legal Actions they intend to take in the Magistrates Court,

1. A case to be lodged with the Magistrates Court citing that she caused a Public Affray,
  2. PUBLIC Verbal Abuse of a Patron of their Establishment, causing a Security Personel to be called and forcibly eject her from the Premises,
  3. Causing Emotional Discomfort and Distress to a Patron and other Patrons as well, and, 4) Verbally and Physically Assaulting the Security Officer.
    I was shown the footage from the Security cameras which are fitted with Audio recording capabilities as well, the signed statements of 7 Independent Eye Witnesses plus the signed statement given by the Security Officer also.
    The quandary is that, besides these Legal Actions they also want to bring a Civil Action against her on my behalf for the following,
  4. Affronting a Patron for NO legitimate Reason,
  5. Causing said Patron to endure Uncalled and Unwarranted for Abuse,
  6. Causing, by means of Verbal Abuse said Patron to suffer from and endure both Emotional and Psychological Distress, and,
  7. Disparaging and belittling both the Patron, his late Daughter AND ALL peoples who have either succumbed to cancers, are being treated for cancers OR will be being treated for cancers in the future.
    The woman has already been charged with Disturbing the Peace for her outburst on Tuesday by Police btw.
    My quandary is that, as you can guess, I was still quite shaken up yesterday during this meeting and they asked me if I would permit their Lawyers to take on this Civil Action on my behalf Free of Charge and thus, pursue the matter through Court as they fully intend to lodge a Claim for Compensation for me to be compensated FULLY for the Emotional and Psychological Distress and Trauma she has caused me to endure from her Abusive Attack.
    I replied that I would prefer to have some time to consider their kind offer so they have given me 1 week, give or take an hour or so, to mull over, consider the matter and get back to them with either a definite Yes or No.
    I'm not a person to take Legal Action at the mere drop of a hat, so to speak, I'm not one who seeks the limelight, I prefer to be left to live my life my way,etc, etc.
    So, I am asking for some help and advice from friends, etc, here.
    SHOULD I go ahead and agree to this Civil Action or should I just let the matter slide?
Triphid 9 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My daughter is a lawyer and if it wouldn't hurt your mental health more to go it alone, I would. I refuse to ever give anyone else my rights over things of this matter. They may be more inclined to agree to an agreement that I don't entirely agree to. It's up to you. It costs more to go alone. It's quite a pickle and decisions that only you can make as to what works best for you.

Your mental health is the most important issue here. If you can hand the issue over to lawyers to sort while you get on with your life.....do it. On the other hand, if you're going to be stressed for the next year, you have to ask yourself if it is really worth it? Sometimes there is freedom in just forgiving and moving on (yu make your own narrative eg: Obviously the woman is stressed and unhappy with her life to be taking out her rage on you). But will you regret not taking action?

By god there is more drama in Broken hill than I would've reckoned. If they moved Neighbours out to B.H. I just might watch it. 😉

LOL, at least the scriptwriters might actually have REAL dramas to write about then.

Let her be a "shining example" of how Not to behave & that there are consequences to such BS! They will take care of it, so you do not have to raise a finger other than give a deposition. BTW, it is Very Important to write everything down, in order, & be prepared to add to it as more detail crops up in your memory! (I have given several depositions....this is the single best thing you can do, do it Now!)

There is a balance to be struck here, and unfortunately I cannot give you a clear-cut answer. The balance is between your own (and wholly understandable) desire for a quiet life, what your own opinion of just how much her sort of behaviour should be confronted and controlled by society. Only you can answer that question for yourself.

Like you, I like to keep to myself, & don't speak well if I have to be face to face.
Will the video speak for itself, will you have to testify publicly?
If anything comes of this, a donation could be made to cancer research, which might motivate me, but at my stage of life, I don't want it any more complicated than it has to be.
I really don't know what I would do in this instance, but on the other hand, I'd love to see that woman kicked in that smart mouth ass of hers!

Sort of my sentiments exactly when it all boils down to it.
I spent most of yesterday afternoon and last night mulling it over and 2 main ideas crossed my mind non-stop,

1. Take on the battle and DONATE the compensation, if there is any , ENTIRELY to the Childhood Cancer Research Organisations in Australia in my daughters name,
  2. Request that the Judge rules that SHE MUST make both a PUBLIC Apology in Person on ALL forms of Media at her OWN expense/s PLUS a hand-written apology to me to be hand delivered and read in PUBLIC, and,
  3. Make a PUBLIC apology to ALL Parents and Children, Past, Present and Future who have/are or will need to undergo treatments for cancers.

@Triphid Yes, making a person pay for unthinking bs in public, just might be a good lesson.
How DARE someone do that to children, or anyone battling that ugly bloody disease!!!!
Ain't video, & witnesses, great?

@Lilac-JadeCanada The more replies I'm getting the more I'm swaying towards giving them a Full on Go for it answer.
Perhaps a GOOD, Solid Arse-kicking combined with the very hefty compensation claims bill MAY just serve to teach, if at all possible, Arse-wipes like her to keep their mouths shut PERMANENTLY.
Btw, I should have mentioned that the Law Firm are asking 6 figure sums in ALL claims as they informed me yesterday.

@Triphid 6 figure sum? Wow. With that money you could have one hell of a holiday in the USA! That is if you were ALLOWED to go to the USA AND if the USA wasn't on the verge of civil war AND if you even wanted to go there!

@Triphid I love to see these idiots get their comeuppance when it is so easy to mind one's own business, rather than open a big fat maw spewing crap all over. It wouldn't matter what the figure is if it teaches someone to shut that maw!!!

@Triphid, @MsDemeanour Who the hell wants to go to the USA with that thing in Washington DC? It'll take decades, if not longer to recover form him!

@Lilac-JadeCanada Agreed. It's so rude of them though. What they don't realise is how their shenanigans affect our countries. People will stick to the commonwealth, if they think a republic Australia will end up like the USA. Mind you, I quite like being cousins with NZ, Canada and Scotland. 😉

@MsDemeanour Bugger the United State of Absurdity, been there twice, only liked it the last time because I went to meet my long-lost Cherokee and Navajo relatives and people.
Strike a light, imo, you've got a far better chance of survival by standing dressed in black in the middle of a busy highway on moonless night than you'd have if you went to the United States of Absurdity.
IF I were to consider going anywhere it'd be either Canada or Kiwiland ( New Zealand).

@MsDemeanour No, I disagree with you on that one, Australia NEEDS to become the Democratic Republic of Australian States as diverse as is humanly possible from the adverse influences of the U.S. and England, stand in its OWN Right as a Nation of the People, For the People and run BY the People.
Align itself with New Zealand for starters and then consider well any other alignments BAR the U.S., England and China for examples.
We once had our OWN identity, let us ALL regain it now and for always.

@Triphid Yeah, at least you don't have to watch your back here.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Too right M8, too right.

@Triphid Oh don't mistake me I've long been a republican. The Royals are way past their use by date.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:566557
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.