Agnostic.com

16 16

A week or two ago I ordered something from Walmart.com because it was the only place I could find it. It arrived this week and when I opened the package along with the item I ordered was a booklet entitled "The Gospel According to John" which I most certainly did not order.

The package had been sent directly to me by another company that sells through Walmart.com. I emailed that company and told them that I did not order the booklet, did not appreciate receiving the booklet and that it was inappropriate for them to include unsolicited religious propaganda in a commercial transaction. I told them that if they wouldn't agree not to do it anymore I would take my complaint to Walmart. They responded that the practice was okay because it was frequently done by various companies. I responded that it was the first time that it had ever happened to me and that I would be returning their product unless I could get Walmart to take action on the issue.

Yesterday I spoke to a Customer Representative at Walmart.com who received my complaint and assured me that I would be contacted by management to discuss the issue. Ideally, I would like a Walmart.com policy that companies that sell through them can't include material unrelated to the purchase in their packaging. I realize I probably won't be successful but Walmart.com will have to make some kind of concession or I'm sending the item back. I bet if everyone this happened to complained to Walmart.com about it something would change.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do on my own because I don't give a shit about someone pushing their agenda as "John". If I send the item back, I will include the booklet but I'm pretty sure I'm going to deface it in some way.

LovinLarge 8 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wal-mart sucks. I've boycotted them since 2004.

Irks me no end how smug, aggressive and rude these zealots are. Haven’t experienced this particular type of “evangelizing,” but would probably recycle the pamphlet or use it for kindling, and dash off a note to Walmart management urging them to create a policy banning this type of thing, stressing that it’s bad for business (though not mine, specifically, as I kind of detest Walmart 😖).

Unforgivable

I would not have bothered to take the time to fight it. I'd have just placed the booklet in the recycle.

Personally, I don't patronize Walmart because of their labor practices, poor treatment of employees and wages so low that their employees qualify for welfare. If walmart is the only source, than for me, I'd simply do without. You just gave me one more reason why I shoudl not patronize them.

If someone had taken the time to fight it previously, I might not be having to do so now. There are people who let things happen and there are people who make things happen. I am the latter.

What if you were Jewish? My ex is and it pissed her off that JWs would just post their crap through her door when she was out. Now everyone else would just bin the thing but her religion does not allow her to destroy the word of god.

It is not the word of dog it is the word of man, religious idiot man.

@dalefvictor We know that but my ex is not particularly religious yet still tries to keep to most of the rules. Even if she was religious. It is totally disrespectful to another's beliefs to impose yours upon them. Also if they knew a little about the roots of their own religion? Then they would show more respect for strangers beliefs.

What the fuck do motels hotels have to do with Gideon bibles AND MARRIOTT properties pushing angel MORONI allegations in bedside drawers ????? What product did you order ? Kosher ""foods" include CocaCola driving up the price of that bible piss...... BRIMMs pork rinds have idiot bible verses on each package all old testament verses which IS IN NO WAY KOSHER

I hate that stuff - good for you for making some noise.
In my area there are so many businesses that contain some religious crap in their ads, or in their stores. But you can bet they'll take my heathen money ! Unless I can find a religion-free competitor !

Seems to me more trouble than it is worth. A lot of companies send unsolicited non-relevant advertising with shipped products. I would do with this what I do with all other non-solicited advertising, I would through it in the trash. I would be sure that I was not charged for it, though. If I was charged for it then I would absolutely return it or have them remove the charge.

I believe in trying to get something accomplished when opportunities like these present themselves and I am often successful.

Good luck with this, and you are right BTW. Somebody in the second company is a religitard and this is why it happened.

I use amazon.com to buy a lot of stuff. I have an amazon prime account.

I've read that Amazon's labor practices are just as bad as Walmart's, if not worse. I don't like buying from either of them but for this item I was limited to Walmart as a matter of availability.

Just wondering if you've posted on Walmart's Facebook page about this?
Or another social media platform?

Bad publicity is always a quick way to achieve results.
Good luck getting resolution.

Will do, thank you very much.

Maybe you should send them some atheist stuff.

That is a very good idea, thank you. Perhaps I will include a whole book since they will be responsible for the return postage.

Like a Biology book?

Even if I needed it!!!

I would send it back and ask for a full refund!!!

Walmart has never gotten any of my four online purchase right!!!

They shipped the wrong same brand 50” Tv three times, I returned it every time!!!

I bought it from Amazon with no problems!!!

Walmart sucks when you order anything from them online!!!

Well, I have had nothing but good luck, never had to send anything back. Sometimes, it may be the luck-of-the-draw! (Glad to see you posting.)

I would do no less... this is ridiculous! They are running out of places to send missionaries!

Send it back with subtle "corrections" throughout , they may not notice and will pass it along to another victim who will get the "corrected" version.

What can you do? Don't order from that company anymore or send it back for a refund of you can. I'd just throw it the trash. I don't care that much. The best thing you can do is just boycott.

@Hages I put it in the recycle bin. That's throwing it away isn't it. They are the ones wasting paper printing that shit and sending it unsolicited. Make sure to recycle the shipping packing too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:566802
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.