Agnostic.com

19 0

What things make you happy?

Example: pastime; genre of music; season; time of day; cuisine; field of science; country (other than your own), movie,TV program, and/or documentary. Do you prefer fiction or nonfiction books? Feel free to add to the list.

VictoriaNotes 9 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

2am outside looking up at the stars on a clear night.

MoniB Level 6 Dec 1, 2017

After spending a good portion of my adult life in prison, you would really be surprised at the things I missed the most:
Walking barefoot on the grass
Sitting on the porch at night in the summertime
Banana splits or banana pudding
a wore out pair of overalls
A woman's scent.....or
the sound of rain just above your head on a hot night

New York Cheesecake

Making music with others. Play bass and banjo in a Celtic band. Traveling overseas. Our last trip was to the Scottish Islands. Gardening. Nothing like home grown tomatoes. Hanging out with grandkids. Spending time with friends. Discussion groups. Sweetie pie. Walking. Out in nature. College football and basketball. Reading.

dogs, dogs, dogs. Other than that, the country makes me happy, walks in the woods, fresh air, hiking, kayaking

Old dogs and children, and watermelon wine. 🙂 If you caught that reference you're good.
Seriously though I like seeing my kids when I can, playing music with my friends, live music, good food (surf and turf is good) I like sci-fi movies and TV shows, documentaries of all kinds, I haven't been reading as much as I used to lately, but I read more fiction than non-fiction. I used to have this '79 Ford Bronco that I lifted and put big tires on, then take it off-road and play in the mud.

I like baseball. I played when I was younger. I coached little leaguers as a adult. Kids make me laugh. Nonfiction books. I like history books. I live alone. I'm very interested in politics.

Like baseball too, and favorite team is the LA Dodgers (since the 80's). That's my hometown. You must be watching the World Series then? As much as I love baseball, I never had the chance to play on a team, even though athletic through my college years. Cross country track, tennis, basketball, volleyball, and swimming mostly. Love kids too. Prefer them to most adults. They are funny and quite entertaining. Noticed we have some of the same interests.

Pedaling my bike and the learning of Math, Physics, Chemistry Biology, and Geography.

Puppers, music, watching certain TV shows, collecting books I probably won't touch again for 25 years, being caught up with the news, exploring the relations between human societies and various contemporary issues, 70°-low humidity weather, languages, sleep.

Seeing a piece of timber taking shape under my hands, enjoying a hot cup of tea while reading an interesting book of history or biography.

I'm a retired sculptor, and I like to play with interesting timber to create shapes that grow under my fingers.

I do not believe in the Terms Good or Bad that humans use to describe their judgemental attitudes towards this or that. To me I do also not want to be Happy. Yes you heard me correctly. I would much rather be in Contentment instead. However I do realize that we live in a Dualistic world of equal and opposites. Being that Love could not exist without Hate and also that Love needs Hate for it's own existence. Such as that is I do suppose that the word happy can be desired by many however I do seek a Joy from my life I do not want to seesaw back and forth between Happy and Sad. I see so many people living their lives with extremes of happiness and sadness, and there is way too much Hate and Stress in our current world for harmony ever to be representative of humans.

EvoQ Level 4 Oct 14, 2017

Dogs, dessert, and worthwhile dialogue.

SamL Level 7 Oct 14, 2017

horses and music!

mostly Rock, but I'll listen to anything with a good melody

What makes me happy? Aka, my favorite things. Seeing my kids happy. A clean house. Rainy days when I don’t have to work. Chocolate. Afternoon naps. Books. Hanging out with my girlfriends because there is always laughter when we get together. Going to movies, concerts, musicals. Weekends trips. The mountains. Time alone. Unexpected compliments. Doing something nice for someone. Chocolate. A puppy asleep in my lap. Learning new things. Being in a book store. Flowers. Running into a friend I haven’t seen in awhile. Seeing people step up when horrible things happen in our world. Being able to be one of those people. And did I mention chocolate? 🙂 These are a few of my favorite things.

Falling in love, I'm a hopeless romantic, a sentimental fool and kinda dumb to realize that it hurts to be in love. But it's always wonderful, always a beautiful feeling to be in love. Happy to be in love. Everybody loves a lover.

Here's a line from a Kenny Rankin song: "What matters most is that we loved at all"

Said Max Erhmann, "With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy." - from Desiderata

(I'm not sure I could get it all here, but this will be a quick try) I'm living in Aberdeen, Washington, because I like the Weather Opposite of most others; It makes me happy to see Overcast, Misty Light Rain (Winter Snow is Great Also) that Mystical Fog Sky with Twilight. This Clear Sky's and Sunny is too Stark Irksome for me. Besides I hate the Sun's Ray's. It feels uncomfortable to me. I feel agitated by it. I can handle 30 to 50 degrees in warm clothing and feel a lot better with that. Then above 74 degrees out. I like birds and how we advanced with aircraft's. It is just my dreams and fantasies to be flying in them. By doing that I watch the youtuber's that have shared their flight experiences to enjoy that scenery I do like Clouds in the Sky. It looks so magical and awesome to me. I still like silence or an ambience of instrumental easy listening stuff if that comes to me. I like the things that are in Peaceful Settings and my Mind is working to make me understand the Science and Architecture of Life. I can not keep up with the Pace others live here on Earth. I need to find a slow pace with things. And getting the Cooperation with that.

sex, video games, french soda

What kinds of video games and French soda (names), please? ????????

sex is such a beauuuuuutiful thing!

im not sure actually, things that surprise me i guess

I rarely feel happy with anything that surprises me be it pleasant or rude . . . maybe that's why I also rarely get gifts, ha-ha!

haha, i like it when unexpected things happen i guess, it feels like it keeps things interesting

The hug from my friend

Hugs at the right time are great; esp when they’re from someone special ????????

as the song goes, "little things mean a lot"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:567
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.