Agnostic.com

8 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No surprises there...

Whenever I hear stories of people claiming they went to heaven I can't help to think why the fuck did you come back. I thought it was place of never ending paradise and euphoric bliss.

When I first read about this family it was plain that the boy was coached the entire time. Why do religious people keep doing this? Why do people continue to believe them?

It is sad that they took advantage and gain from his suffering.

A few observations: 1) How did they manage to sell how great their god was when he apparently decided to turn this healthy teenager into a quadriplegic? 2)The Christian Post has a helluva lot of ads. 3) The family's name is Malarkey! Isn't that synonymous with bullshit?

dkp93 Level 8 Apr 13, 2018

Yep...bullshit x 300 million

They had to make laws to protect child actors from their pareants spending all their money.

" clearly Saytann has entered the poor boyus' haid and turn ed his asoul! Let us all pray-a to Jayzuzz for him to find his a-way back to Money, I mean the lord Jayzuzz" (Read in best Oral Roberts voice)

I've always said... If you want to know anything about spirituality... follow the money.

Apparently having now read the article to the link the young man does not care about the profits, dear old dad is dead and he wants his name completely disassociated with the book. I think the Horse has left the barn in that one but I am not surprised they lied and the other Christians latched onto the story. I had one person tell me it was "proof" God was real. Love it!

I think believers do this "proof" number on you because they just can't see a young child lying and it doesn't occur to them that the father made it up. It's kind of like an NDE but the person never really went anywhere.

@DenoPenno They do the same thing with the Bible, hold it up as proof of God's existence. To me that is no more proof than Harry Potter and his gang exist. The Bible is a declaration, not proof. I imagine as a kid he said he saw Jesus seeking adult approval and they got $ signs in their eyes as well as the idea of Christian adoration and respect, even awe.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:56716
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.