Agnostic.com

9 10

NYC axes all contracts with Trump as business backlash snowballs.

New York City is severing its multimillion-dollar contracts with the Trump Organization after President Donald Trump's involvement in last week's rioting on Capitol Hill, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Wednesday on MSNBC.

“The contracts make very clear that if the company and the leadership of that company is engaged in illegal activity, we have a right to sever the contract,” de Blasio said. “Inciting an insurrection against the United States government clearly constitutes criminal activity.”

In a follow-up statement, the mayor's office said: “The City of New York will not be associated with those unforgivable acts in any shape, way or form, and we are immediately taking steps to terminate all Trump Organization contracts.”

The contracts are for Central Park's Wollman and Lasker ice skating rinks and famed carousel — all of which the Trump Organization has run since the 1980s — and the Trump Golf Links golf course at Ferry Point in the Bronx, which it has run since 2015.

The Trump Organization makes $17 million a year from the contract's, the mayor's office said. That's less than it has made at some of its golf properties, such as the $74 million it reported from Trump Doral in 2017, but marks a loss of prestige for the diminished Trump brand. Running New York City concessions has historically been a privilege afforded top developers. His ability to capitalize on publicity on the rebuilding of the Wollman Rink was central to Trump's rise in the 80's as a local and national celebrity.

Of course, Trump is threatening to sue New York City. Good luck with that, LOSER!

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is as it should be. What did Trump expect? If I am a business or company that might expect loss or lawsuits due to activities of another I have every right to severe contracts with that organization and I do so to protect myself. Trump will lose on this.

Karma can be a BEOTCH...😂

that is great!

Great news!!

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 14, 2021

He is going to implode. I hope Spike Lee was right and they gave him 01234 instead of actual code to the nuclear warheads.

I thought it was 12345

@BudFrank Probably right.

Pay back time and non too soon

Justice.

Good for NYC. I hope other cities and companies follow suit. He might learn some things in prison, like what it's like to be poor and treated like crap.

Dont they go to poshy prisons.

@gigihein they are called minimum security prisons. However they send 45 regular one do him being a jack ass.

@freedom41 He wouldnt make it long in regular prison.

@gigihein Yes, I know. Wouldn't that be a good thing?

@freedom41 I wouldnt get any joy on him meeting some violent demise. Our best vengeance would be he has to be himself. And it is clear to me it sucks being him.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:568894
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.