Agnostic.com

3 5

I spotted this on the Conservative Atheist Group, I guess it depends upon your perspective but what on Earth is wrong with the US being more like California? It's not like Biden will do something really good and make the US more like Canada. 🙂
Can the US ever become enough like the rest of the Western Powers, ie. universal healthcare, a proper social safety net and an aversion to going to war wherever there are resources like oil to be found? Sounds like to big a dream, settle for being more like California.

Surfpirate 9 Jan 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm blocked from the Conservative Atheist group.

They don't know what they're missing!

@LovinLarge They're missing getting constantly insulted. It was my pleasure.

The problem is overpopulation.

While I would say that population density is greater in the state of California than most of the United States of America, they still aren't in the top 10 of US states in this regard, it's a big state. Compared to the rest of the planet, the population density is quite low compared to many countries so I don't understand your response. Did you quote on this thread by mistake or could you provide your rationale?

@Surfpirate I'll try. All problems in the world are linked indirectly to overpopulation, AND more directly to the lack of a world government. Since the world is spending all the money it could be spending on solutions instead on standing armies, and since spending that money on solutions is fool's gold if the world's population continued to increase unchecked, the two problems are linked.

@Storm1752 World government, fiat currency and a reset of the financial system, plus changing centuries of religious and government promotion of population growth to provide the workers and soldiers that are needed to justify kings and priests - these could each be threads of their own. So I'm just going to leave it alone. Thanks for clarifying your post.

@Surfpirate Thank you; I'm not used to such courteous replies.

California has a lot going for it but not as much as Canada, until they get a conservative government.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:570402
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.