Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK On “True Democracy” - CounterPunch.org

"By numerous rigorously researched political science accounts[1], the United States is a corporate and financial oligarchy whose “democratic” political and policy contests typically amount to battles between “competitive authoritarian” blocs of capital.

Democracy? “True democracy”? Really? When did that happen in America, exactly?"

[counterpunch.org]

WilliamCharles 8 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The pursuit of true democracy is critical to our nation and our people. We will never get completely there but it is the pursuit that makes our nation what it is and should be.

@Fred_Snerd Huh

You should know we are a Republic, not a Democracy. Additionally, a true Democracy would be a nightmare

@Alienbeing We do and should aspire to be a democracy.

@wordywalt We DO NOT have a Democracy. If we did the Electoral College, two Seators per State irrespective of population, one House Rep guaranteed and many other facts could not exist.

The reason a Democracy woud be a nightmare is it is little more than mob rule.

If you disagree with the first paragraph above, what fact do you have to dispute it?

@Alienbeing My previous statement said that we do aspire to be a democracy, not that we have a complete and perfect one. This is my last answer on this topic.

@wordywalt NO, your prior las response started with "We do". "We do" referes to democracy. So your last answer on this topic is poor at best, leave it that way, I really don't care that you want to look careless.

@Alienbeing I said we do and should pursue ... If y9ou wat to misread that, so be it.

@wordywalt Try to write clearly, also try being civil.

@Alienbeing If I had intended to write with the false meaning you thought that you found, I would have written it as follows:

We can, and should pursue. . ..

I have written many hundreds of pages of material that has been published, and never had a compliant like yours. It seems that you found what you wanted to find, not what was there.

@wordywalt I see you love yourself, so I won't try to separate you from yourself.

For a person who obviously thinks he is extra educated, your writing skills stink.

A little unfair. Yes he was a gladhanding politician and overly familiar, but not in the way trump was. When these episodes came out that you are referring to during the candidacy, Biden was truly taken aback. He was made to realize that sexist actions akin to touching belonged to a different period in time. The "Me too" movement taught many in this country the same lesson. He had his comeuppance and has learned that boundaries must be recognized. So your criticisms belong to the past and are no longer a valid line of attack.

Gee, what happened to that lady who accused Biden of feeling her up. Did her story change too often? Consumerism? What's the alternative? War? Trump did such a great job with the Kurds. Isolationism certainly works for those incapable of empathy. And Biden is no Cheney.

@Fred_Snerd Honestly, I salute the notion of trying to live in harmony with nature. But what are you going to do with the other 99.9% of the population? Also, I wouldn't count on all that much efficiency. People are LAZY. Also, if you've ever seen pictures of Indians before whites showed up, they were not in good health and had very high infant mortality.

It is better than a hunchback, old, bent over, two times failed, heart attack patient, presidential candidate called stupid Bernie.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:570737
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.