Agnostic.com

4 10

I just found out the last church i attended, Aloma United Methodist Church in Winter Park, FL (that turned their backs on me when i got divorced and believed all my ex's lies - thus i was banned from playing in the xtian contemporary music band that i played in for six years) DOES NOT EXIST ANY MORE! I mean it is now an empty lot where a once beautiful big white steepled structure stood. My ex is a landscape architect who created a design for the courtyard, that was an eyesore, and i (the civil engineer) personally hand placed 6000 bricks in that space, making it absolutely beautiful. When i was bannished, i used to dream that place would be leveled by a tornado. Mother nature had an alternate solution - lightning strike burned it to the ground! Ima go take a pic of the empty lot! Hale-fucking-luyah!

Stilltrying1964 7 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You sound as though you are missing something. Are you a believer? Do you miss being in a Christian band? Do you feel vindicated that the building is gone and that somehow your vengeance has been satisfied through some supernatural means?

No I no longer believe in a god. I miss being in a band but not that genre. Yes I do feel vidicated, and on a galactic level, that that church has been wiped from the face of our earth.

Did a god do the lightning strike? Thinking like that helped create religion.

I said Mother Nature, not a god!

@Gwendolyn2018 what about the old butter commercials where she said "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature?" BTW I didn't say she took revenge. I said she had an alternate solution. You have a masters - you can read, right? Don't get shitty with me. I can do this all fucking day, gwen! Capiche?

@Gwendolyn2018 no I'm not defensive. I'm matter of fact. You have a lot of knowledge about shit that didn't really exist. I have a lot of knowledge about the physical world in which we live. I know where lightning comes from and why. It was purely a lucky happenstance for me that the church that housed the fake ass xtians went up in flames. You could call it karma, but that may lead to another whole conversation about karma, of which I'm sure you're an expert. I just live by the golden rule and think what goes around comes around. I do good things coz its the right thing to do. A lot of people who claim goodness have been really bad to me so yeah, I'm glad the place burned. I'm human. Somewhat more enlightened than most but still human. I'm building a kitchenette for my friend who gets me weed tomorrow. I bought him a bottle of rum he likes just as a token of my esteem. I could do things for you but you're not interested so have fun grading papers. Ima be drinking this 12 yo single malt and loving my amazing life. Peace out.

@Gwendolyn2018 I didn't try to silence you. You have a knack for misunderstanding what is written right in front of you. I said don't get shitty with me. That means be nice. As far as your reading into my "need" for revenge, I had put those morons in my rear view mirror and out of my mind long ago. It was only when my daughter told me the place burned to the ground that I expressed my happiness with that event. I was trying to call the church to recover some very sentimental sheet music I loaned the choir director 20 years ago and ask if he'd found it. Only then did I discover the very deserved fate of that church. You come across like you are the moral queen, and you're not. Believe me, there ARE things I could do for you, and some very lucky more-open-minded woman is about to find out how true a statement that is. Your loss. Too bad, so sad. Bye. Please resist the temptation to reply. You bore me.

Well, maybe there is a god.

Maybe there is, which is why I, as a scientist, cannot declare myself atheist. I am agnostic (by today's definition-please no bullshit replies about the meaning of the word - I don't mean you Jolanta). .

Gosh. I wonder how their beliefs justify that little scenario. Sounds like a sad situation, sorry to hear you went through that.
Hopefully one day you’ll be able to let all that other rubbish go and accept that they’re just little people believing what they want because it keeps them deludedly happy; even your exes lies.
Congratulations on the new job 😊

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:571029
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.