Agnostic.com

4 1

Why did a member's comment on a post just come up with an approve button??

I clicked on the button, and it asked me if I wanted to approve the comment.

Who am I to approve/deny a comment?

I'm just a member here.....

Has anyone else had this?

Kreig 7 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Best guess.
The system is set up so that persons who have nto yet reached level 5 have to have their comments approved. The site managers used to do all that, but I'd suspect it got to be too much to handle, so they decided to let responses be handled by the person making the post. The idea is to make it hard for haters to gain a foothold onto the site.

If any site managers reads this and i guessed right, it might also be good to give a person a point for approving or disapproving a comment.

I have faith the kinks will be ironed out

Eventually

Until then patience is a virtue.

Those names seem to be synonymous with preachers daughters. (Pretty sure they have a little sister named Chastity)

I think @irascible is right. I don't know whether it's based on level or what, but I started seeing the approval button recently. I haven't seen anything I thought shouldn't be approved so far, but I figure if the admins would like us to lend a hand then I'm happy to do so.

Ive had a waiting on an approval, but nothing like you are saying. Im like you. Just a member.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5711
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.