Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Baby Boomers are shopping online for groceries - The Washington Post

This is me. I already loved EBay, and I’ve been an Amazon Prime member for years - but curbside pickup is safe and a bit less expensive. I’m bummed that Trader Joe’s doesn’t have curbside.
Thoughts? Good or bad experiences?

Wendy91602 5 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love it. I haven’t been in a store or restaurant since March, and I haven’t missed it.

skado Level 9 Jan 23, 2021

I've never ordered groceries delivered or online. Amazon Prime is $120/year. I'm not paying for the privilege of buying stuff. It doesn't make sense to me. That goes for Costco as well. Homie don't pay.

It’s within my budget - I already like Prime for the other benefits, movies and TV shows. It’s a great resource for products I couldn’t find in brick/mortar stores.
But Joe, I was still shopping at stores until the extra infectious version of Covid started. It scared me. I want to live so I can enjoy life without DJT.

If your order is $50 or more on Amazon, delivery is Free regardless whether you have Prime or not...i too ain't payin'! And they have this handy "hold til later" in case your order is $49.99.

@Wendy91602 I hack whatever I want to watch so to offset the $120 I'd have to buy more stuff than I want. I put on a mask and I shop in stores. I only spend cash most of the time so that's my world.

@AnneWimsey OK. I never noticed the free delivery. Thanks 👍

@barjoe I do miss being able to use .

@Wendy91602 If I shop carefully in eBay I find Amazon sellers who send me the items for the same price. My brother gave me a Sam's Club card for my birthday, I've been there once and that was the day I picked up my card. I should go but I don't want to buy anything. I keep forgetting, I like their rotisserie chicken. Next time I'm near there I'll grab one. They are delicious and $6 for a 6lb roaster. Yum.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:571341
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.