Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Father Mark Hodges suspended, faces defrocking for attending Stop the Steal rally at Capitol - The Lima News

You are known by the company you keep.

LIMA — Father Mark Hodges was one of the thousands of people at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 when a riot broke out.

He was there to support then-president Donald Trump.

Hodges, who had served as a priest at St. Stephen the First Martyr Orthodox Church in Lima for 20 years, has been suspended as of Jan. 12, for three months and faces “possible defrocking” for his involvement in the Stop the Steal rally in Washington. Five people died as the result of the insurrection after some members of the crowd entered the Capitol building while Congress was considering the counting of the Electoral College votes.

“The reason (for the suspension) was that I went (to the rally) on the sixth and Archbishop Paul (Gassios), whom I love dearly, and respect said in his suspension letter (to me) that I was ‘guilty by association.’ And I disagree, you know, I think it’s an unjust suspension,” Hodges said.

HippieChick58 9 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Put the asshole in jail. He broke the law.

Lima, Ohio. He wears a frock?
It is a shitshow of the phony. They will take him back. The congregation that a pastor brings, keeps and increases is very important to the church. Being there for 20 years means his contribution is appreciated. The church will wait until the dust settles.

Guilt by association is a real thing in LAW and when people die it's taken very serious.

Did he administer last rites to any of the 5 who died? Then arrest him!

It as just as defrocking the pedos..oh Wait..yeah they don't defrock them either..

Ohio has some serous issues. I grew up in Ohio. Not that Missouri is any better but I sure don't miss Ohio.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:571362
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.