Agnostic.com

8 9

LINK Anti-Mask Pastor Tells Judge She “Ruled Against God” After Another Legal Setback | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

You remember Pastor Tony Spell. The head of Louisiana’s Life Tabernacle Church was first arrested in April — remember April?! — for aggravated assault against a protester. But he became notorious for holding in-person church gatherings and putting countless people in harm’s way. Despite being under house arrest, he defied the law to preach at his nearby church multiple times a week, even asking supporters to send him portions of their stimulus checks.

That guy is still in trouble with the law. Yesterday, a judge denied his motion to dismiss the six criminal counts he faces — and he didn’t even get that news directly from her. He had to hear it from his lawyer outside the building, because he wasn’t allowed inside, because he chose not to wear a mask, because he’s a professional Christian asshole.

snytiger6 9 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

US District Court judges don’t rule against God. They tell God what the law is.

I think he wants to be a typical televangelist type Evangelical. He certainly is acting like them.

Give him 20+ years in the GENERAL Population of the prison PLEASE.

Great idea until the other prisoners file suit against cruel and unusual punishment.

The man is an idiot.

That implies at least minimal intelligence. Would you be offended if I requested proof?

@mcgeo52 I would not be offended in the slightest. He had sufficient "intelligence", if you can call it that, to beget his daughter Ivanka, though fuck knows how he learned to fuck Ivanka's mother, Ivana.

@anglophone, I was under the impression we were discussing Pastor Tony Spell.

@mcgeo52 I had a brain slip. As @Thirst2learn says, Trump does strange things to people.

Wonder if he'll contract covid in prison?

We might be better off if he did.

@freedom41 I'd really like to see some stats on how many people who've had and/or died from covid, who thought their god would save them.
As well as how many of them thought it was a hoax and refused to wear masks.
You know, just out of curiosity.

@KKGator only thing they helped with is the over population problem of this planet.

Yep me too PLUS make lots and lots of 'friends' who WILL have his 'back' (side) covered regularly and be wanting that 'extra' lip Service to be delivered up as well. LOL.

Its almost like their god is pure fiction....... lol

She should've been charged with contempt

It never fails to amaze me...now most Christians believe they are so empowered by their god, that they can order his ‘wrath’ upon people not like them! Even when I was a Christian...did I believe that!

😀 at what point do they realize their god couldn’t even dissuade a low level judge?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572108
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.