Agnostic.com

4 16

LINK Biden orders DOJ to end private prison contracts as part of racial equity push PUBLISHED TUE, JAN 26 20219:12 AM ESTUPDATED T

To me this is crucial!

President Joe Biden ordered his Department of Justice on Tuesday to phase out its contracts with private prisons, one of multiple new planks of Biden’s broad-focused racial justice agenda.

Biden signed four additional executive actions after laying out his racial equity plan at the White House. The actions are aimed at combating discriminatory housing practices, reforming the prison system, respecting sovereignty of Tribal governments and fighting xenophobia against Asian Americans, especially in light of the Covid pandemic.

“I ran for president because I believe we’re in a battle for the soul of this nation,” Biden said before signing the actions. “And the simple truth is, our soul will be troubled as long as systemic racism is allowed to persist.”

HippieChick58 9 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No more prisons for profit

I hate Trump.

I am glad it is happening about the federal prisons but what about hundreds of state prisons? The red states have given out contracts to their lobbyists.

This is utterly amazing

Sadly until the Congress and the senate can actually agree to get the people's work done this is what a president has to do to make it clear there are rules that we need to follow. trump certainly abused his position and his overwhelming hate of Obama was on display constantly.
What he can get done for the people during his first year may well determine if we get to keep our democracy. It will have a huge influence on the 2022 elections, I sure hope the Dems don't blow it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572183
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.