Agnostic.com

9 4

LINK Ted Cruz Says Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama Could Be Impeached Next

Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz suggested during a Fox News appearance that former presidents Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama could be impeached like former President Donald Trump.

Trump, the only president to be impeached twice, is expected to face trial in the U.S. Senate in February. Trump was impeached in January after allegedly inciting a riot at the U.S. Capitol building. Trump was previously impeached in December 2019 for abuse of power and obstruction of justice. Trump was acquitted of both charges by the Senate. Cruz told Fox News host Sean Hannity that the Democrats' perceived urgency in impeaching Trump was an "exercise in political rage."

snytiger6 9 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ted Cruz is full of it.

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander

They would first have to find just cause. Trump encouraging insurrection is just cause.

There is a precedent in the early 20th century of a cabinet member beign impeached after leaving office. When the actions are greatly disturbing, it is prudent to impeach to prevent the person from holding any future federal elected office. That is the precedent established.

@snytiger6 Can you quote the words where he encouraged “insurrection”????

@CourtJester How about "I want you to go to the capitol and fight for me".

@snytiger6 that wasn’t a call for violence.
Should we prosecute the Beastie Boys because those that feel that they literally had a a right to party, physically fight for their right to party? What about Christopher Hitchens say “we step in with the gay community to fight for full equality”. Should he be condemned? Or maybe some folks should use common sense and understand that many uses of the word “fight” are not literal physical violence?

@CourtJester Those are poor counter examples. Trump sent a mob to the capitol. That was totally irresponsible. He knew the groups who organized the rally, such as The Proud Boys, were prone to violence. It was reckless. You talk about using common sense, bu Trump didn't use any common sense. He knew the group was prone to violence and he told them to go to the capitol and fight for him.

This after the attempted kidnapping of the Michigan governor (which Trump never condemned), and the right wing attack on the capi9tol in Salem Oregon. The peoel who organized the rally were basically the same people. Common sense would say you don't give any encouragement which could result in violence.

I've heard republicans try to tell me how Trump is a "genius", but somehow he didn't know that encouraging a group known for violence would result in violence? And he directed them to the capitol... and five people were killed... but just because he acted irresponsibly, they don't want to hold him responsible.

The premise of ending royal rule back in 1776, was that leaders could/woud be held accountable for their actions.

It was a mistake for Ford to pardon Nixon, because it set a precedent where presidents would not be held accountable for their actions while in office. This led to Reagan and the first Bush negotiating and selling arms to terrorists. It led to the second Bush making torture of prisoners a matter of course, which broke a tradition going back to the revolutionary war (Started by George Washington) the the U.S. did not torture prisoners. In virtually all future foreign wars, it meant enemy soldiers could surrender knowing they would be treated well. This enabled the U.S. to gather much intel. We've lost moral leadership in the eyes of the world. Trump's separating families and putting children into cages means we, as in the U.S., have lost all moral credibility in the eyes of the world.

For some countries, American products will no longer be desirable, because the U.S. lost is moral compass. At some point U.S. Treasury bonds may not be as desirable either. In short the direction republicans have taken us down leads to the decline of America.

Trump's lack of character just made the U.S. look much worse int eh eyes of the world. The videos of him sending a mob to the capitol are viewed around the world, and it makes America look really bad.

@snytiger6

“For some countries, American products will no longer be desirable, because the U.S. lost is moral compass. At some point U.S. Treasury bonds may not be as desirable either. In short the direction republicans have taken us down leads to the decline of America.”

America began to lose its moral compass under Clinton, plunged deeper under Obama, and the actions of the democrats under Trump took us to an ugly low. I wouldn’t put it on Trump by any means.

But hey, gas in Alabama is up $0.30 under the democrats so far and Boarders are getting opened to offer immigrants US tax dollars and lower paying jobs. I can manage through so I won’t lose much sleep over it, but many can’t manage through it.

Free stuff for everybody!!!! Let’s see where it keeps going. I hope they get absolutely everything that they voted for. I think it’ll be fun to watch personally.

Painfully stupid

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 27, 2021

Trump was impeached while he was still in office. The trial portion is taking place after he left office. It is the equivalent of a corporate CEO being charged with criminal activities quitting his job and then not being held accountable. You can’t escape trial just by changing your job no matter what your title was.

In the early 20th century a cabinet official was impeached after leaving office. So, there is a precedent.

Ted Cruz lives in an alternate reality which is being eroded by he purposely fucked up mind set!!!

He is completely guilty of treasonous seditious, he should be arrested for Treason and crimes against the people of this country!!!

Public execution is not enough for this two face obstructionist republican fascists!!!

What purpose does impeaching former presidents going to accomplish. Clinton and Obama served 2 terms which is the limit to hold that office. Carter is to damn old to run for an 2nd term. (40 + years later). Cruz is just as crazy as Trump.

If convicted by the Senate, the person is forbidden to hold any future federal office. However, I dont' think that is what Cruz is after. He is just after a tit for tat.

Cruz talking out of his ass, as usual...

Ted Cruz will say he sucked Trump off every afternoon if he thought it would keep him viable as a politician. We see Ted for what he is, and his days are numbered as a Senatorial roadblock.

I think the democrats lost a opportunity to censure Trump. It would've been worse for him and they still couldn't launched an investigation that would've put Trump criminally liable.

You know it is kind of silly that republicans wanted to impeach Clinton fo r lying about getting a consensual blow job, but they don't want to impeach Trump for abuse of power, or inciting an insurrection. Republican values and integrity simply don't exist anymore.

@snytiger6 They made the mistake of trusting McConnell.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572344
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.