Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK Fox News fed on Trump's lies. As ratings dip, it can't escape - Los Angeles Times

Wednesday when Joe Biden is sworn in as the nation’s 46th president surrounded by 25,000 National Guard troops, armored vehicles and razor wire. The National Mall, which was packed for Barack Obama’s ceremony and less so for Donald Trump’s, will be closed to the public. Things are so precarious since Jan. 6’s deadly breach of the U.S. Capitol by pro-Trump extremists that American Airlines is suspending alcohol service on all flights to and from Washington, D.C., until Jan. 21.

If only Sean Hannity could be taken off the menu like a single-serving bottle of vodka.

t’s doubtful Trump could have radicalized as many Americans as he has without the help of media juggernaut Fox News. Hannity, along with colleagues Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, Lou Dobbs and the rest of the crew, have been instrumental in mainstreaming Trump’s far-right positions on everything from immigration to policing, parroting his lies and threats, and giving credence to his absurd conspiracy theories — including the debunked claims of election fraud that led to the Capitol insurrection. And if there’s any question as to how the conservative news network became a legitimizer of Trump’s propaganda and deep-state fantasies, Fox News’ devolution has been televised.

snytiger6 9 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hope they all get scurvy and rot!

I just finished watching "The Loudest Voice" about the rise and fall of Roger Ailes, based on the book "The Loudest Voice In The Room" -- I'd recommend it.

Faux News will always have good ratings as there will always be a market for news that scapegoats the poor and minorities, as well as liberal elites and validates the views of greedheads and conservatives. Having a cult leader like Trump is not necessary for them to succeed in drawing viewers.

If, they told the truth and did there research correctly, they would have better ratings. Of course that's to much the ask.

I think it's going to get much worse before it gets better, because the money is with the fear-mongering.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572583
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.