Agnostic.com

9 21

LINK FFRF: Shame on Christian Nationalist disruptors inside Congress - Freedom From Religion Foundation

The Christian Nationalists, neo-Nazis, racists and anti-government militia who attacked the U.S. Capitol and our democracy on Jan. 6 have been roundly denounced. But the Freedom From Religion Foundation believes it is also important to call to account the Christian Nationalist views of most of the 147 disruptors inside Congress who voted later that night to deny the will of the voters.

More than a quarter of the members of Congress taking shelter for their lives while a seditious mob rampaged through the heart of our democracy ended up siding with the insurrectionists to try to deny Joe Biden his lawfully won presidency. What do we know about these members of Congress, including eight senators? Besides being all Republican, mostly white and mostly male, what do they have in common?

Their religious identity. And more than that, the Christian Nationalist flavor of their religious views (145 of the 147 identify as Christian; the exceptions are Reps. David Kustoff and Lee Zeldin, both Jewish). Almost half of the 138 House members who objected to the Electoral College count were evangelical Christians.

HippieChick58 9 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wait...69 of the House are evangelical!? Arent evangelicals like...radical christians?

Fer sure, fer sure!

I love everything about FFRF and wish they got more aggressive and involved in politics.

Centuries of European religious wars.

I hope America’s religious war gets no more violent than it is.

All of this nonsense just makes me even more disgusted about Christianity or ALL organized religions. The fanaticism and idiocy, stupidity shown by a lot of these bozos, and now we have this real dope Marjorie Taylor Greene who could be used as a poster child for why abortion should be legal. In some cases encouraged.

Christianity has become a racist political party. If he were alive WWJD?

WWJD? He would march on Congress and upturn all the tables used by Repugnicants.

@anglophone Good answer.

When you have members of Congress supporting the murder of other members of Congress, as exampled by Marjorie Taylor Greene [usatoday.com] then you know that American democracy is seriously broken, perhaps beyond repair. Somalia and Yemen are clearly role models for such vile people.

We need a war on Amurikkkan White Kkkristian Nationalists..

A good idea of this would be a bunch of us wearing these shirts!!

Christianity contains (i.e., hides) a lot of dangerous people.

mischl Level 8 Jan 28, 2021

I'm so sick of these assholes.
Seriously.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572641
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.