Agnostic.com

5 11

What's a funny cooking rescue you pulled off?

Tomorrow my boyfriend, Lindsey, is coming to visit. He's an oral maxillofacial surgeon. Retired, Lindsey flies to Alaska for a week each month, doing oral surgery at a clinic in a Native American village. "I want to give back," he said.

We are delighted with each other. Lindsey is a weightlifter, bicycle rider, skier and hiker. He calls me his "gorgeous girlfriend." snicker

Thought I would dazzle Lindsey with my crowd-pleasing date bars.

Finally got the date bars assembled and into the oven. Ten minutes later, realized with a start that I forgot the vanilla and almond extracts!

Yanked the date bars out of the oven. Took a page from my friend Sally who forgot the melted butter in muffins she was baking. Using a turkey baster, Sally injected melted butter into the center of each muffin. They were delicious.

Quickly mixed the vanilla and almond extracts in a small dish. Then I squirted the extracts into the date filling at one-inch intervals.

Hahaha! They're delicious.

"You know the squirty thingie you give patients after oral surgery?" I asked Lindsey on the phone this evening. "It has a plunger. That's what I used to squirt the vanilla and almond extracts into the dates between the crusts."

He called it a syringe. "It's also called a squirty thingie," he added. I laughed.

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good for you!!!!! You deserve each other from the sounds of it, and that's a high compliment from me.

Good for you both. It’s good to give back to the community

Very inventive

He sounds like a keeper 🙂

So happy to hear you have a boyfriend after all the horror stories you have shared. The bars sound good.

@gigihein

Thank you, dear.

@LiterateHiker You have been keeping him under wraps ,He sounds like the ideal person for you ,Congrats

@RoyMillar

Thank you.

You're right: I have been keeping him under wraps.

@LiterateHiker You know a good person when you see him , actions count

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572668
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.