Agnostic.com

2 5

LINK National High School Ethics Bowl

If you have or know HS students, this looks awesome!

The National High School Ethics Bowl and the regional ethics bowls it supports are competitive yet collaborative events in which students discuss real-life ethical issues. In each round of competition, teams take turns analyzing cases about complex ethical dilemmas and responding to questions and comments from the other team and from a panel of judges. An ethics bowl differs from a debate competition in that students are not assigned opposing views; rather, they defend whichever position they think is correct, provide each other with constructive criticism, and win by demonstrating that they have thought rigorously and systematically about the cases and engaged respectfully and supportively with all participants. Data from NHSEB surveys shows that this event teaches and promotes ethical awareness, critical thinking, civil discourse, civic engagement, and an appreciation for multiple points of view.

HippieChick58 9 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was in High School I was TOLD to prepare speech on Euthanasia. But I heard "Youth in Asia"..........I gave my speech....everyone laughed....they all thought I was just being a comedian.

Some of our institutions MUST teach ethics.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572849
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.