Agnostic.com

6 2

Hi Folks--I've decided to leave the site. The only people I have connected with directly in the recent past are scammers, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The posts about atheism vs. agnosticism are often belittling and unkind, but no one seems to care. I can get this kind of experience on Facebook, and occasionally see old friends there. So...thanks. Enjoy what this site gives you, as I stopped doing so.

Green_Chile_Type 6 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find the arguments between the atheists and agnostics is too silly and childish to partake in, so I don't. Adios.

Buh bye.

I almost left myself recently. Being targeted and baited because I'm an atheist took me close to the delete button. Not to mention the naughty pics and nonsense that bores now. Then I had a rethink. Time to block fools and baiters, something I'd never done. Instead of looking for a community of quality discourse, instead focus on the worthy ones, the ones who don't bait and hobby horse, who broadly live in my reality, and we can agree and disagree on some points, like adults do. Different mindset, different outcomes.

This is not a site to connect with. I never tried. It's a social media platform with like minded people, for the most part anyway.

so what.

So this member was sharing their experience about this website, just like you did before you left (for a very short time, if you actually left at all).

They felt bad enough, I hope they didn't see your comment.

@LovinLarge OP did leave, I tried to look at his profile as I don't remember seeing anything posted by him. He was already gone... Such is life.

@HippieChick58 Thanks.

@LovinLarge lol...sounds like a parting shot to me. mouthing off about what you don't know about seems like one of your tendencies. my absence could easily have included the land of the living. I'll take a break again if i wish.

@hankster So what.

@LovinLarge you're certainly no loss.

@DangerDave nah we don't cry for 6s. Short timers!

I think there is some expectation that you put a label on someone because of their beliefs or lack thereof and they will become different from the general populace. Without very active moderation and thought policing most communities will end up reflecting that as there are assholes, sociopaths, and miscreants in all communities. As best I can tell even the "A+" movement ended up embroiled in infighting and disagreements about what is and is not acceptable behavior or language.

@prometheus No, I have been involved in and witnessed other communities where there is a baseline level of civil conduct, but regrettably the nonreligious community isn't one of them, especially here.

Take the comment just above. The OP was obviously feeling disappointed about their experience here and it only took that member two words to belittle the OP's experience when it would have taken less effort to say nothing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:573024
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.