Agnostic.com

8 19

Lifelong Republican Quits GOP: "Absolutely Now the Party of QAnon."

Lifelong Republican donor and activist Jacob Monty revealed this week he has quit the GOP and joined the Democratic Party, citing the deadly U.S. Capitol riot incited by former President Donald Trump as “a bridge too far for me.”

“I’m out,” the immigration lawyer from Houston told Erin Burnett on Friday’s broadcast of CNN’s “OutFront.”

Burnett asked Monty ― who voted for President Joe Biden in the 2020 election ― if the GOP was now more the party of the unhinged QAnon conspiracy theory than of conservatives like himself.

“Absolutely,” he replied. “Trump owns the party and Trump has always loved the conspiracy theories and this is Trump’s party now.”

“I tried for four years to be a Never Trumper in the Republican Party but it’s obvious now, everyone is paying homage to this ex-president,” he added. “No one will stand up to him.”

On Friday, the attorney who campaigns for immigration reform acknowledged he didn’t agree with everything that Democrats stand for.

“But that’s the big-tent party, the Democratic Party is the party that has more diversity of opinion,” he said. “If you stay in the Republican Party, you have to pay homage to Trump and I don’t do that, I don’t pray to any man.”

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The GOP has its chance. They can throw Trump under the bus and return to sanity, or they can continue with him to a convenient lunatic asylum. The choice is theirs.

“No one will stand up to him.”
I wouldn't say no one. He's one of a few but even The Lincoln Group isn't leaving the gop. This is becoming a distressing situation so I hope the trial deflates their balloon.

There will be a lot more and hopefully they are the decision makers

That party is self-destructing, either splitting or bit by bit, depending on what people decide to do about 45

What the fuck kinda party is that? If they manage to get power again this country is doomed and deservedly so.....

Kudos to that man.

Sad how the the party of Lincoln has fallen to shambles.

Trump is tearing it apart piece by piece. Yea Trump!!!

I find nothing sad about it. Defeating the gop is what I worked 30 years to do. I gave up and it's happening. Tao.

More need to follow the example

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 30, 2021

I think they will

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:573042
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.