Agnostic.com

6 8

Today I had the first encounter with political/racial/ethical/you-name-it violence.
A client of mine, after dropping off his 2 dogs, walked out of my salon, removed his mask and spit on the barber shop's windows right next to mine. As he walked pass the owner, she could heard him saying: racist MF.
She missed the spit action, but it was caught on camera.
She came to my salon to let me know.
How embarrassing and disrespectful is that?
The only reason for it that we could see is that she has a bench outside of her store with BLM painted on the corner of it.
Yes, the client is a 60+yo white male. 😔🙁
What amazes me is that his dogs names are Jasper and Diego, and I am latin woman.
I always consider people like him to just hate and be against anything besides "white conservative americans". I am puzzled a bit about it.
How much anger can you have to go above and beyond and do such a disgusting disrespectful act?

Zoohome 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They have a whole lot! I send out an annual Christmas newsletter. This year, I mentioned how happy and nervous I was that Trump had lost and that Biden would have his inaugural with no drama. One of my favorite cousin’s sent me a letter shortly after with my newsletter shredded and a two page tirade about how stupid .I am, my deceased father would be embarrassed, Obama was a communist, blah, blah, blah. He never wanted to see my newsletter again, my Aunt hates me, he’s a patriot and an intellectual so I don’t have to bother contacting him because I don’t know anything.
He was a cop in Kansas City until he took disability retirement. He is the most racist person I know. He visited here in Lancaster in 2019. When he got to my house he said “there goes the neighborhood!” I asked him what he meant. We had passed a black man walking toward Lancaster on the way over, probably headed home from his job since the buses don’t run that route on Sunday. I had heard other statements he has made that were biased, but this one caught me off guard and severely diminished my feelings for him. So I am more than happy to take him off my mailing list.

Wow
Some tough behavior there. Angry racist man...
Sorry about that. But if makes you feel closer to others, my brother still thinks the election got rigged; he is a major trump supporter. 😒

When you think you are being made insignificant by what you believe as seen on corporatize own media!!

you see more and more people of color everywhere, one might become scared that they are taking over and invading your life and culture!!!

The reality is that white people are becoming the minority everywhere on this planet!!!

Most of us do not want to adjust to the changes we are unable to control or circumvent!!!

We are within this forever changing planet!!!

Racism isn't quite so cut an dry. Iv noticed some of the more racist type men are also the type that fetishize latin and aisian women. Sometimes seems like a control thing because they don't like opinionated american women.. not sure. I have just noticed it about some conservative white guys. Some of the most openly racist people I know are relatives of my ex husband who is Hispanic. Im more used to the American style racism where people act like they aren't racist when they are. I worked at the "Down Home Restaurant" a few years ago with all white people who were most likely all anti BLM types. Whenever a black person would come by, with deliveries or whatever, they would all be extra extra nice to them and after they left all agree whole heartedly how good the person was. If it was a white delivery guy they would just let him do his job and act normal. It made my skin crawl even though they were being "not racist".

It just seems alot more complicated than old white guys being openly racist to all people of color. And why its so hard to speak up about sometimes because nobody thinks they are racist..

MsAl Level 8 Feb 2, 2021

So true. I can totally see what you mentioned.
Definitely more complex than just cut and dry. I always categorize in my head everyone who behaves this way to be one of those who hates everything out of their comfort zone (for lack of understanding and empathy in my part).
Thanks for commenting.

That asshole has dogs ?? He is not worthy of dogs .
I am sorry u had to see that , but I am glad u were there for your neighbor .
Hope today will be a good day ♥️

YES!!!! I can't believe it either, two fuffly white dogs. It is his wife's dogs.
I called her and spoke to her about his behavior. She was so embarrassed and apologetic. But that does not excuse his behavior. He was not sorry at all.

White dogs....of course.

So sorry that you had to experience that. Austin is one of the most progressive cities in Texas, but even there, there are those people.

That's a hard one! I remember over twenty years ago I was a hairdresser working at a hair salon, the lady I was working on asked me my ethnicity and I told her that I am Mexican American, she then asked me if I buy my beans by the bag or by the pound, yeah, I was pissed but just continued to cut her hair as quickly as I could and get her out, she never came back and I didn't care, hope this guy doesn't come back, he might act out worse than what he did today. I hope you stay safe from him and people like him, these day's are scary! 🤗

Jeeeez! Some people are beyond themselves on ignorance.
I have encountered other funny/awkward situations, but nothing as aggressive and disrespectful as this one from yesterday.
Those little dogs have been a client for years. I spoke with the wife and she was embarrassed and apologetic. Kind of begged not to be fired as a client and promised to be the one dropping and picking the dogs from now on (if I do keep her as client). She asked to pay for professional cleaning, but I told her I wasn't sure what my neighbor would want to do (if anything).

@Zoohome At least his wife was apologetic and rational. That's good that she's going to be the one taking and picking up the dog's but yes it's up to you if you want to continue to have them as customers. Hope this situation works out and you don't have to deal with anymore racist's.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:573539
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.