Agnostic.com

5 9

LINK Praise Jesus! God Destroys Family’s House But Leaves Behind Some Bible Verses | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

A house burned down in Springfield, Louisiana. That’s it. That’s the story. The family is thankfully okay.

But the Livingston Parish Fire Protection District #2 would like everyone to know that there’s some good news, too! The fire didn’t take down a few Bible verses that had been written onto a few of the wall studs.

snytiger6 9 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gosh, those verses could so easily have been lost forever! (Unless there's another copy somewhere.)

Just goes to show quite plainly that try as hard as you can shit cannot be burned unless is IS very well dried out Cow cakes that is.

I wonder if these are the verses:

"No ill befalls the righteous, but the wicked are filled with trouble. " - Proverbs 12:21

"No evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent." - Psalm 91:10

How stupid and gullible believers are.

Yes, let's take our bibles, throw them in the floor and see what verse they open up to.

I do that EVERY time I see a creepy-crawly crossing the floor.
Trust me on this it IS 100% accurate when dropped from a height of about 3 feet.

@Triphid ..

Nothing, I mean nothing, else survived, right? People can be made to believe most anything.

It makes me wonder, sometimes, why the God-botherers ever bother with having Fire insurance for their homes when a few bible verses scrawled over it would be the perfect (LOL) protection and Fire Retardant.

@Triphid exactly! Believe, but cover your ass! Just in case your god isn’t paying attention to how much you love him! 🤣

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:574164
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.