Agnostic.com

27 1

How do you stay grounded?

Fab 5 Apr 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gravity.

@twshield it's a heavy thing to bear.

I don't fly in airplanes. Also I don't take myself or others too seriously.

ebdb Level 7 Apr 14, 2018

Old age. My vertical jump is about six inches.

A walk/hike in the woods works best.

But, I can get by readign a good book.

I drag a length of copper wire behind me at all times.

These might come off as platitudes, but here goes. Don't sweat the small stuff, and quite a lot of it is small stuff. A to-do list is great for planning, but no one ever died with an empty to-do list. Keep things in perspective, empathize with others. One is neither superior nor inferior, just different. (Yes, I see things as on a spectrum of gray with very little at the extremes.) Don't underestimate the power of the small routines that we do over and over in our lives. (For me - baking bread, cycling, playing board games, socializing with friends, etc.)

I look at my spectacular failures.

I cannot help but stay grounded. I have one insuln pump and two chihuahuasthat won't allow anything else.

Usually by breaking the rules my parents set

I don't. 🙂

I am independent. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I don't think I am a better person than anyone else and vica versa. I do what I can to help others in my community.

I aviod people and remember i have critters depending on me

Well, I used to think it was Jesus, now it's gravity.

I think about what I have accomplished, and the luck that helped me get to where I am.

Jay1L Level 2 Apr 14, 2018

I have friends who love me. A lot of them. It's humbling and grounding. They also love me enough to tell me when I am getting "off".

I stick one end of a conductive wire into the ground and hold onto the other end

For me, establishing some habits and routines keeps me grounded. I'm apt to live completely in my head, and if I didn't have certain routines, my life would be a big mess. Walking my dog in nature every day helps.

I stopped drinking, smoking including weed and drugs and I have my pets and art.

Live frugally...!

Mindfulness and boundaries

Keep my feet on the ground. Keep my head in the clouds. ??

When my brain starts to whig out I drink chamomile tea and write poetry, practice mindful breathing or go for a walk and talk with a friend. My becoming ungrounded is all to do with overthinking.

My bank account & budget won't allow anything else.

Not jumping with both feet at the same time.

Don't lift off?????

Gravity

Good one !!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:57425
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.