Agnostic.com

5 7

Romania's Orthodox Church supports the killing of babies by drowning [bbc.com] and cites tradition for such murder.

anglophone 9 Feb 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Stupid religious rituals.
Allowing sadistic assholes to engage their base depravities for centuries.

I read the article - now - the church did NOT support the killing of babies.
The church did or is trying to mitigate the dumb ass priest's actions. I find it similar to other laws and stances that allow for "tragic accidents" like kids killing themselves with guns.
The priest should be prosecuted and not excused for his actions..

I like your analysis.

@anglophone right,but too late you have "inspired" at least 7 posts on this thread full of totally unnecessary vitriol towards others. Good on you.......

Their Actual position is to sprinkle the infant's head with a few drops of water!
There is no need to spread lies & slander, what is. your Problem?! Other than re-telling a nasty LIE.........

Then why the total immersion? I suggest you read the article before shooting from the hip.

@anglophone Baptists do total immersion here. Non-issue.

@UUNJ Thanks for sharing that.

@anglophone stupid hidebound priest, duuuuhhh...or maybe the parents requested it? Also duuuhhh

@anglophone i have read several articles on this story. Which is where got the Facts that support my post!

@AnneWimsey Would you care to share the relevant links?

@anglophone how about going to the website of the actual denomination itself, duuuuhhhhhh.
But no, that would be doing some thinking instead of posting pejorative nonsense...
I dislike, intensely, religion in any form, but posting stupid " baby-killer" nonsense does no one any good, makes reasoning atheists look exactly like Q-anon yelling " pizzagate"

@anglophone, @UUNJ i was baptized using total immersion! Font, about 6' x 6' x 3' deep, ringed by steps to go down into it, for older kids & adults, built into the church behind the altar. Infants sprinkled on the head at Christening,from a portable small basin brought out for the purpose. This was 50++ years ago in a non-evangelist protestant church in the Northeast. Lutherans, Presbyterians, etc all had the same type of setup...nobody drowned. To tar & feather a probably older, foolish priest because one dire thing happened makes us look as nasty as Q-anon yelling "pizzagate"

@AnneWimsey One web site does not equate to "several articles on the story", and it does not take much thinking to make that observation. Who said anything about making you looking nasty?

@anglophone no,I SAID I read several articles,I suggested You go to the website of the denomination. If you cannot understand simple sentences, it is no wonder you post nasty & divisive BS without one moment's thought!
Have you read some of the horrid posts you have inspired on this thread!?? Which i said, The Posts in reply were nasty...again, try reading!
SHAME ON YOU!

@AnneWimsey I will not be shamed by anybody who offers just a single web site when she says "several articles on the story". Perhaps you should own your own shame? Perhaps it is you who should start thinking?

@anglophone still cannot read or understand, i see.
Too bad, so sad that you ignorantly stir up the anthill just like drumpy,but take no responsibility for your nasty actions based on Nothing.
So,yes,SHAME ON YOU!

@AnneWimsey Goodbye.

Of course! They only value human life that hasn't been born yet. The Title is clickbait.

The Priest involved SHOULD be charged with Negligent Homicide at the very least imo.
The Church and its Administration should be Charged as Accessories both before and after the Fact as well.
Sadly and unfortunately, NONE of this will bring the baby back to the arms of its parents BUT it may go some way towards stopping this from ever happening again.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:574471
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.