Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK Self-Help: What Went Wrong? - YouTube

Interesting take on this industry. I've read most of the books mentioned in this video plus many others. I liked Dale's book (we were almost bro's) but The Road Less Taken was most influential. Dr M Scott Peck was a terrible man but very skilled at relating human psychology and behavior. Not being able to live up to his own expectations is probably what made him such a terrible man (it happens a lot) but that did not make his theories wrong. But this video is talking about manipulation in order to make a buck, often many bucks (as Dale did), and he's right. That is going on, as well. I think the question is really who got more out of the transaction and that's about greed. If I learned something valuable then it's I who got the greater value, in my opinion, but that is not as easily measured as money.

Yeah. What do you think?

One note: He talks kind of fast so it helped me to slow down the playback speed. .75 worked well.

rainmanjr 8 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Road Less Traveled" was certainly classic. I am glancing at it now in my bookcase. I didn't know anything about Peck's story.

I was quite disappointed to learn of it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575120
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.