Agnostic.com

2 0

Android barcode scanner with 10 million+ downloads infects users

Researcher says Google hasn't removed the malicious app, so onus is on end users.

[arstechnica.com]

FearlessFly 9 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I ignore all that crap, just get my emails & usually reply by home phone. Nor do i , or would I ever, bank on-line,or do my taxes on-line.....don't pay bills on-line either.
None of the above is necessary, or particularly time-saving either.
Why put all your info out there for even moronic hackers to get their hooks into it?!

In the past, I have heard you proclaim (at length) your lack of concern for privacy. I'm aware most folks say they care about their legal/medical/financial data privacy. I think that is roughly analogous to being "a little bit pregnant" 😛

[vice.com]

I have thoughtfully lived so that there are no awful things to "come to light", no do I give a rat's ass about what others think.
I consider those who think the internet is a safe place to put Anything,like monetary info, fools.
Apples & Oranges......

I never downloaded barcode scanner but most people I know do have it. I found TikTok to be a malicious app. People are gluttons for punishment.

Shit I love Tik Tok... Damn

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575267
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.