Agnostic.com

3 8

I got my first Moderna vaccine today. It was painless, and so far...no problems. They made me wait 30 minutes after, because I am a highly allergic person, but had no reaction. Whew!

Organist1 8 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good to hear.

Good luck!! Hope you don't get the same reaction that a few of us got!!

Oh, no!!! I hope it wasn't too bad. My arm is sore today, but so far, that's all. I've heard the second one can be worse.

@Organist1 My first shot, my arm was dead for 3 days. had a headache and body ache for a few hours after the shot, but those went away quick. The second shot, my arm wasn't nearly as bad, but the headache was worse, the body aches were worse and last longer, and have a chill like I just couldn't get warm. But they lasted only 12 hours. Went home after the shot, sacked out on the couch for 8 hours and was pretty ok from then on. Most of my coworkers reported similar effects, to varied degrees.

@Rignor I think that shows your immune system had a strong response, which actually is good! (Sorry about the dead arm). I think we older people fare better with side effects, but the immune response isn't as good, unfortunately.

Good for you. I am set to get my first one tomorrow. It's not so easy here and one has to be quick as the appointments go fast.

Good luck luck tomorrow! Actually, it was just pure luck that I got mine. A friend who is a nurse was keeping watch on things for her friends, and a few appointments just happened to come to her attention.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575965
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.