Agnostic.com

7 5

LINK Over 40 percent of white evangelicals support violent insurrection | Barry Duke

A SURVEY just published by the ‘conservative’ American Enterprise Institute (AEI) reveals that 41 percent of white evangelicals ‘completely or somewhat agreed’ with the statement ‘if elected leaders will not protect America, the people must do it themselves even if it requires taking violent actions.’

snytiger6 9 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Did any of them stop long enough to ask who would govern later? Should we just start naming groups or imagine things much like in the film "Road Warrior?" Then they have balls enough to think this going on today is just like the Civil War. It is not. No, it is not, but we might want to sell you a flag or a hat.

Would this remind you of "convert or die", by any chance? As practiced by fanatics everywhere?

that's a Christian for you always going to some holy war or another

If that was the way the question was phrased, I don't believe it really is very vague. "...will not protect America," means what exactly? Donald Trump was not protecting America, and had he won the election and continued down the road to fascism he was on, I would have answered this question yes as well. Violent action to get ride of a self appointed despot trying his best to bury the Constitution, an uprising may have been the only choice. Had the question said to "protect a Christian America," my answer would have been no.

So, if they loose some of there sheep in the process and loose income, that's ok to them.

NO Civics classes given, ever...

Hitler didn't take power because nobody supported him. They did. These people are no better than the majority of Germans in 30s and 40s.

Exactly. And I started warning my kids about this back in 2000. Every GOP fascist wannabe should be required to read "Hitler's Willing Executioners", not that it would appeal to their non-consciences.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:576125
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.