Agnostic.com

3 7

LINK Here’s How a Christian “Prophet” Made Some Hyper-Specific, Accurate Predictions | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Do you remember that old video of James Randi showing the scamvangelist Peter Popoff making extremely specific predictions during a faith healing seminar? Randi exposed how Popoff’s wife was feeding him details that attendees filled out on a prayer card via a hidden earpiece.

That sort of trick is still going on today and here’s a perfect example of it.

It comes from Sid Roth, the host of a show called It’s Supernatural (and guy obsessed with how God is fixing his clogged toilet).

snytiger6 9 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sid Roth wants to make money. I get that. He needs to understand that there is nothing supernatural. His fans need to understand that too. If you watch his show you will see a lot of people lying.

One of the Oldest tricks in the Scam-Artists book made even easier to use these days with Social Media like Zuckerbook ( Facebook).
Watching that brought back a memory from August, 1998.
We had one these 'Super-Seers/Psychics/Prophets' come to town and set up shop to hold 4 READINGS, tickets cost $15.00 per person and you needed to Book in person and fill out a question sheet as well.
So, considering that I thought I smelled something quite 'fishy' with all this, I booked my seat, paid my money, filled out the question sheet BUT used a completely FICTIONAL name and personal history, quite a bit of tear-jerking history btw.
The evening of the 'Readings' I had booked in for came around and they began at 7.30 pm.
I watched the 'antics' of this Performer, listened to his Scammings of others who I knew or was acquainted with and then he did the 'Star Performance' and said, " In this room there is a man named either Thor or Tor Halversun ( my alias btw) he has suffered greatly in his life, his child, a son named Eric or Erik is gravely ill, in a coma in hospital at this very moment, Doctors do not hold out much hope for his recovery."
" I see in my minds eye that this man sits amongst us, is feeling very despondent, worried, fearful and all alone in his life but he need not worry since I predict that God and Jesus will step in very, very soon and his son will waken from the coma and begin his life anew, this is the Miracle of Miracles that God has sent me here to perform."
By then I'd heard far more than enough, so I stood up and shouted to him and the audience, " I am Thor Halversun and the Miracle you say that will happen cannot happen simply because Thor Halversun and Erik Halversun are as FICTIOUS and Fake as ALL of your Predictions and Prophecies, many of the people here know who I really am, know that I am NOT Thor Halversun, I do NOT have a son but a daughter who is both alive and well, so, in my opinion, you have conned these good people here out of their hard-earned money but using the Question Forms information as the ONLY source of your 100% False so-called Psychic Knowledge and Predictions."
That was when I saw for the very first time ever, a Hall with 100+ people in it empty faster than a bucket with a gaping hole in its base.

They have to scam the faithfools out of their money.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:576335
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.