Agnostic.com

6 13

LINK Hindu Girls’ School Students Forced to Strip to Prove They Weren’t Menstruating | Val Wilde | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

School authorities at Shree Sahajanand Girls Institute in Gujarat (India) forced a group of 68 undergraduate students to congregate in the restroom and individually strip so teachers could inspect their undergarments for evidence of menstruation.

It happened because of a complex tapestry of Hindu religious and cultural taboos around menstruation, which ultimately result in prohibitions barring anyone currently menstruating from entering a temple or a kitchen. They are not even allowed to touch others who are not menstruating.

This is because the menstrual period is traditionally considered a time of “ritual impurity” in Hinduism.

snytiger6 9 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dammed impure women folk, there ought to be a law!

Sometimes you wonder........were these people born idiots or did they take lessons on how to become one? %@?£¥€§><

Some people are born a bit less able than others, perhaps, but for a real idiot you have to start training them from birth.

Religion , in general, IS a course in stupidity. We were all born ignorant Athiests it takes training to become either stupid religious or informed Athiest.

Religious stupidity. On one of the flights my daughter may be assigned, her airline requires telling flyers who ask if menstrual so the flyer - Hasidic Jews- can choose another attendant. One of her friends had the best response, "Honey, I'm always going to be on my period. You don't want me to serve you, just wait for someone else when they have time."

Got my red wings at 16!

Faithfools believing some crazy shit.

Religion no matter what flavor tastes like shit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:576554
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.