Agnostic.com

4 8

LINK Southern Baptist Church Faces Expulsion After Pastor Decides to Be Less Bigoted | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Towne View Baptist Church in Kennesaw, Georgia may be kicked out of the Southern Baptist Convention early next week because its leader committed an unforgivable sin.

He allowed a same-sex couple to become members of the congregation.

That’s seriously the entire “controversy.” Rev. Jim Conrad says a third of his congregation already abandoned the church because he let the gay couple in, and now the entire church is in danger of not being Real Baptists™.

snytiger6 9 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh well, they have so many other not quite as nutty sects they could shuffle over to. Assuming the pastor has some fans in the congregation, he can always draw in a few more as a liberal branch. Maybe even convert to a Unitarian church.

Mmmm “A real Baptist” ??

Just like the Jehovahs Witness told me when I was 16.....”Our religion is the only real religion”.

Unfortunately this isn’t some goofy movie, but real life. Sick Pedophile Priests.

That's very sad. I have better chance of marrying a man I do a woman these days.

How would that be? Are you trying to get married? SMH

@barjoe I'm a little more attract to men than women right now. I would like to get married some day. Living alone suck sometimes. SMH?

@freedom41 I thought you were being critical of marriage equality. I got that wrong. Sorry.

@barjoe no problem.

Imo, Religio-Slug style Discrimination, Arrogance, Self-righteousness, Bigotry, Homophobia, etc, etc, are still, regrettably, alive, well and thriving I see.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:577621
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.