Agnostic.com

11 8

LINK A Georgia Democrat Filed a Bill to Inject Christian Prayers into Public Schools | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Public school students in Georgia already have to begin every school day with a moment of silence “for not more than 60 seconds.” It’s the law. That law also doesn’t specify what students are supposed to do during that time — for good reason. They could pray if they want to. They could also do nothing. By not saying this is all about prayer, it’s very hard to undo this law without political pressure on the other side.

But now Georgia State Rep. Sharon Henderson — a Democrat who was just elected in November — has introduced legislation that would allow for a student to lead the class in a public prayer.

Not just any prayer. A Christian prayer. A very specific Christian prayer.

snytiger6 9 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lets see if FFRF get involved and this dummy will get a lesson in Constitutional law.

Awesome. Another one I need to start pestering.
Guess I'll need to remind her that pushing christian prayers is a violation of the Constitution.
Her staff is going to love me!!
😁

Here...use this on her😂😂😂

they do it all the time trying to change shit nothing new til someone sues and wins

The FFRF will have a field day with this in court.

I have something I would like to inject in these Christians.

When will these religious freaks learn to Mind Their Own Business!??!
Or, alternatively, read the Constitution?
Damn, I'm such an optimist!

There are wacky Christian Democrats too. And in Georgia, trolling for votes in the cesspool of religion might be the only way to win an election.

May Satan have mercy upon her immortal soul.

This is illegal regardless of what kind of prayer it is. These idiots know this but they never give up.

Who the heck let her out of the lunatic asylum?

Taking away the right to choose. What message Georgia is sending.

"We, as God fearing Christians, have not only the right but also the duty to ram our vile lies down the throat of every child in the state."

The same one they've been pushing right along.

That should be unconstitutional. SCOTUS precedent.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:577627
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.