Agnostic.com

15 11

LINK Christian Actor Says He’s Lost Roles and Money for Being Faithful to His Wife | Beth Stoneburner | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Neal McDonough, a Christian actor who has appeared in dozens of TV shows over the years, claims he has lost roles because he won’t be intimate onscreen with women who are not his wife.

snytiger6 9 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So what dipshit is saying is... "Give me the roles and pay me the money so I can refuse to do the work they require?..."
That is like someone taking a job selling something in a store then saying the items they are selling violates their religious beliefs so they can't sell them and expecting to get paid for the job they refuse to do... Or a Vegan getting a job in a restaurant that doesn't serve the kind of food they eat then refusing to do the work yet expecting a pay check. Ain't life a bitch?

But he has no problem playing psychotic killer roles of which has played plenty. Kissing is bad, killing is Okay. Shut the fuck up whiny boy.

He’s Probrably afraid the devil would get ahold of him and make him like it

He set his own boundaries, so he can't claim he's lost anything. When he decided he wouldn't take on roles depicting the full range of human experience, he automatically reduced his value and usefulness in his career.

Another Pence ?

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 23, 2021

I bet he knows Mike Pence.

Oh, bless him, I do feel so sorry for him.

Why do some Christian's think that doing a sex scene or an intimate scene for an acting role means you are not remaining faithful to your partner. Are their relationships that fragile that this would be a problem for them. It's not like they are Actually having sex.

He probably is afraid that he would 'loose' it and get carried away and would not be able to stop himself.

@Jolanta I think he's afraid of the SIN it reminds him of. You have to feel sorry for his wife I guess

Maybe he's afraid he might like it 🙂

Hugh Jackman seems to be doing alright and remaining faithful to his wife. I have no problem with an actor saying they will not do nude scenes nor intimate scenes but in that case you have to accept the roles that do not have those scenes in them. You can not expect to get a role and then tell people that you will not do the scenes that are in it.

In the pantheon of actors, he won't be long remembered for any of his work, so, alas, ye olde actor must revert to martyrdom and whining doth he not.

Yea, well if the script calls for an intimate scene and he refuses to do so, shouldn't he expect that?

Or maybe it's just because hes a douchecanoe?

LMAO! That's one I haven't heard before!!! Thanks for the morning laugh

@TheoryNumber3 douchecanoe and douchenugget are my favorites lol

@redhog Thank you for expanding my vocabulary LMAO!!

Oh, but I see Christian actors do love playing the martyr.

That’s like training to be a butcher even though you faint at the sight of blood! You take a job where the only thing you do is slice baloney and cheese at the deli counter and get mad because the ones cutting steaks and roasts get paid more. 🤪

That asshole reminds me of all the pharmacists who cite their religious beliefs as justification for not doing their jobs.
Fuck all of them. They can go cry in a corner.
Do your job, or lose your job.

Knew that about him.
Has no problem with roles that require him to kill people though.
Typical religious hypocrite.

Perhaps someone should have explained to him what being an actor actually means?
Patrick McGoohan and Joe Gladwin both tried this crap back in the 60's and 70's going so far as to found the union of Catholic actors to fight for their rights to tell writers and directors what they will and will not do when called upon to do their fucking job. A job they are in some cases paid $millions to do.
It did not end well, with McGoohan, having such a bad reputation, in the last years of his life relying on charity jobs from friends (notably Peter Falk) to allow him to make a living.

Reminds of an arsehole a few years ago who when working as a security guard refused to do his job unless the governing body changed his license number from 666 and then was surprised when he was fired for, as a Christian, refusing to wear his badge because god's law trumps man's law.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:577817
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.