Agnostic.com

8 1

LINK The Lincoln Project imploded, and burned liberals who backed its anti-Trump viral videos

As a foreign observer I have to say that none of this stuff about the Lincoln Project surprises me. In a comment here a while back, before this scandal, I said that those people behind this group were really traditional Republican grifters complaining about the Trump Right Populist grifters who took over and ousted the old grifting with theirs. These guys, i said, never complained before about the Republican Bush era wars, the huge tax cuts for the rich, the attack on liberties in the 'war on terror', the torture, the attack of immigrants, the placement of right wing terrible judges, huge deficit spending to support the rich and all the other Republican party wealth grifting. But when Trump came in, they were full of outrage about protecting democracy and freedom. Their only goal was to defeat Trump populism and return to the grifting they knew and loved. I'm glad they've been exposed. I never fell for their grift. A lot of people did, including around the world, thinking they were 'good' conservatives. No they aren't.

David1955 8 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So there was one creepy guy among them. Ok, so they got rid of his ass.

Yeah, oh and they also collected a huge amount of money, spent about a third on advertising and diverted the rest to their personal conservative projects, a bit like Steve Bannon and his buddies. I see a pattern here....

You seem to go backwards in history to explain your view. Let's deal with the here and now. Steve Schmidt, Rick Wilson, and others did not like Donald Trump. They did not like him at all and they did not believe him. Libertarians bought into the GOP and created what we have today. This means Koch brothers, Mercers, DeVos, and others. The goal of the Lincoln Project is to expose all of this and they feel it is time to totally re-build the Republican Party. Currently Steve Schmidt has abandoned the GOP and identifies as a Democrat. I support them and still identify as a Progressive.

Your depiccction is inaccurate and designed simply to reflect your point of view.

My depiction draws not only on information from the article, but from commentary in real progressive media in the US and elsewhere about the people behind this outfit, their financial chicanery, funnelling money into their own projects, not advertising, their hypocrisy over sexual misconduct, and their now discredited operation. Were you to do your own research you would know this.

@David1955 I am quite aware of the event or situation. I stand by my remark. They did great work in the defeat of the idiot Trump and I aplaud them for that. So a person may have used money inapproately. That does not dimish the cause overall.

@wordywalt actually they did very little. Trump's vote went up. The Republican party too. The hard-working people who increased Democratic vote in key states defeated Trump by getting them over the line. Anti Trump people, including me, and mainstream media loved those ads. But their impact was minimal. Don't believe me, look further into it. Krystal Ball on The Hill had a very good episode about it. Others too.

@David1955 I do not see how you can be so sure of your perceptions from such a long distance and now living in the American cuture.

@wordywalt oh yes, because so many people living in the US are so well informed. Hah! What a lame reply. This is my final comment and all I say is don't play the man but rather play the ball. Read and watch the analysis yourself about Lincolners. If you don't agree then fine, history won't agree with you though. They are Republican grifters, most of them Bush era grifters.
Done.

@David1955 Your comments read like those of a person deliberately trying to sow disinformation.

@wordywalt ridiculous. Do some research.

@David1955 you remind me of those who trashed Bill Clinton, not for being a damned good President but because he got a BJ from a more-than-willing young woman, AS IF it was anybody's business but Hilary's.

@AnneWimsey Absolutely no comparison at all. What are you thinking?

I Still send them money, their results are/were stellar, and right on point!
I do not give a rat's ass about anything other than results, that's why they get my money!

I don't wish to be a wet blanket, but if you take in commentary you might find that while anti Trump people liked their ads, and mainstream corporate media loved them, the Lincoln Project's influence was negligible. Trump increased his voter turnout, the Republicans generally too, and they did little to actually bring Trump down, compared to those hard working people who increased the Democratic vote in important states which just got them over the line. Your money, by the way, is very likely not going anywhere you would wish it to, but towards their own personal right wing projects. Sorry, that's the truth.

@David1955 lots of opinion, no facts.....none.

@AnneWimsey well I suggest you do your own research, assuming you are motivated by a desire to get to the truth.

@David1955 I have seen (enjoyed!l) every single ad. All I need, thanks. And the speed at which they got them out so they were commentary on what was Just in the news speaks/spoke highly of excellent use of my money as well.

I regularly scolded Democrats for paying them a lot more attention than they paid to Progressive Democrats, or even just Democrats, on the MSM shows. I warned them to not send money as they would use it for gop purposes (which led to their virus in our WH). Would they listen? No. In fact, they shook their head and told me to relax. LMAO. Democrats aren’t very good at politics.

They weren't wrong about anything.

The progressive news I watch were glad they were burning Trump, but would say they are not the good guys, and list various shit they went on with.

And how exactly did the Project ''implode...burn...liberals?" They told the truth about the the hypocrisy, the lies, the emoluments.....etc.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:577912
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.