Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Florida Bill Prevents Kids from Studying Subjects Their Parents Don’t Agree With | Val Wilde | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

A Florida Senate panel has narrowly backed a bill that would leave children without the right to learn about subjects their parents don’t agree with — including the theory of evolution, anthropogenic climate change, and a whole raft of topics under the umbrella of sex education.

In addition to science-based topics, progressive activists point out that the bill could lead to children of white supremacists being pulled from lessons about African American history or the achievements of other cultures, or Holocaust deniers who refuse to let their children learn history lessons that counter their own propaganda.

The woman who filed SB 1634, State Senator Kelli Stargel (R-Lakeland), says the bill does not change any of the rights already afforded to parents under Florida law; it just highlights them and requires schools to incorporate explicitly into their policies.

snytiger6 9 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Shameful . Those are the kids that will be walking around us in 20 yrs if we are alive .
The most shit I read lately , the most I want to stay in my house .

No wonder we are 15 th or so on education, world wide.

As we defend ever faster into a country of tribal rivalries and uneducated, brainwashed sycophants. It’s a shame and hard to watch the knuckle draggers taking over state governments unopposed.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:578214
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.