Agnostic.com

2 8

LINK Letters From An American 02/23/2021

Someone asked me today why former president Trump seems still to get more news coverage than President Biden. My answer was that Trump is still a powerful force and explodes into the news because he is so unpredictable, while Biden is behaving like presidents always did before Trump, holding meetings and letting Congress get on with its own business, which is much less immediately newsworthy for all that it matters in the longer term.

I am reminded of the 2012 Calvin and Hobbes cartoon by Bill Watterson in which Calvin wonders why comic book superheroes don’t go after more realistic bad guys. “Yeah,” Hobbes answers. “The superhero could attend council meetings and write letters to the editor, and stuff…. ‘Quick! To the bat-fax!’”

“Hmm…” Calvin answers. “I think I see the problem.”

Today was a bat-fax kind of day.

HippieChick58 9 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You bring up some good points in your post. Maybe if the stupid and the gulliable would stop paying attention to ding bat 45, that would lead him to shut up and fix his companies problems.

I don't think Trump does get more coverage than President Biden. Maybe if you only watch FoxNews.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:578348
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.