Agnostic.com

11 15

LINK Indonesia Will “Rely on the Almighty” to Fight Coronavirus, Health Minister Says | David Gee | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Indonesia, which has the world’s largest population of Muslims and a history of discriminating against atheists, is encouraging its citizens to pray as protection from the coronavirus, with its health minister saying they will “rely on the almighty.”

Indonesia first made news when Harvard researchers started looking into why there are so few reported cases of coronavirus in the country, when nations surrounding it have seen thousands falling ill. Although experts said there could be undetected cases in Indonesia, the nation’s health minister Terawan Agus Putranto called that “insulting” and said there were no recorded cases “all because of prayers.”

Putranto took his comments even further by saying the new strain of coronavirus could be combatted using religion.

snytiger6 9 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wish them luck, but don't think they should hold their breaths about it disappearing soon.

This should work and start kicking in about the time that believers become immune from poison and rattlesnake bites.

Stupid country 40 years ago. Still stupid country now. And yes, I can say that. I was born there and so glad our family left all that nonsense behind almost 40 years ago. I have never been back.

Well that's one way of culling the population.

Yeah like that's going to work.
"Blessed be the Undertakers for Allah shall bring them great Profits."

I would still take prayer over an experimental genomic therapy. At least the prayer will have no side adverse effects.

BDair Level 8 Feb 24, 2021

Could you PLEASE tell us what types of Flowers you would like us place on your grave then?

Hey, FYI, Prayer in relation to almost any disease or illness, C-19 especially, DOES have 1 very big side-effect, it is CALLED DEATH btw.

No prayers or vaccines are required for Covid 19. It has been circulating in our population for 15 months, and it has yet to kill me. It is easily preventable by maintaining a strong innate immunity with a diet that is largely plant based and devoid of processed foods. I also supplement my diet with Vitamin C, D, Zinc and Melatonin. There are also inexpensive and effective treatments that work in prophylaxis and therapeutically. Unless you have comorbidities such as advanced age, diabetes, or obesity, there is no reason to be fearful of a corona virus. Most people have mild or no symptoms if infected.

The Almighty? Allah.

Yeah... I wondered about that too.

They just aren’t reporting COVID deaths. Given their history, I figure they don’t care. Population reduction through war, famine or disease is just part of their normal cycle of life. What’s one more?

😁 good luck with that. 😂

Where did this guy get his diploma from? The School for the Braindead?

Probably ate too many paint chips, mistaking them for white potato chips. Or maybe his mother was on acid before he fell out of that hole.

Oh, FFS!
🙄

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:578404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.