Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Joe Manchin Voting Against Neera Tanden Due to a Tweet Critical of His CEO Daughter Heather Bresch

Joe Manchin's opposition to Neera Tanden stems from a Retweet and comment criticizing Heather Bresch CEO of Mylan, makers of the Epipen. It criticized the price gouging and her $19 million salary. Heather Bresch is Joe Manchin's daughter.

barjoe 9 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Joe Manchin is defending the Filibuster. He won't vote to remove it thereby giving the Republicans a Veto over everything. He should not even be in the Democratic Party. He's full of shit if you ask me

So He's in West Virginia. It's 65% Republican state and he gets re-elected there. He usually votes with the democrats and I'm glad he's the senator rather than another Republican.. He is a Democrat, and in order for him to survive he has to acquiesce to the GOP on certain things. This vengeful hypocrisy with his daughter is a different matter entirely.

@barjoe What's the point in him Voting Democrat when he won't vote to undo the 60 seat majority needed to get anything done in the Senate.
What the point in Democracy when the balance of power is held by the smaller party. How does anything get done.

@dermot235 It's a very fragile majority. The Republicans could regain Senate in 2 years, then the democrats wouldn't be able to filibuster. This is the system we have in the United States. There's two sides to every story.

@barjoe It not a majority at all. Joe Manchin gets to decide everything

Nothing will get you in trouble faster in Washington than telling the truth

Per Newsweek: Senator Joe Manchin, the democrat who has said he will vote no on Neera Tanden’s nomination raises a question. Is it his conscience or a father’s anger? Manchin’s daughter was scorned across the country when it was revealed his daughter’s company, makers of the EpiPen, had raised the price so dramatically, it was selling for over $200.00 a prescription, a gargantuan price hike gauging people who have to have it to save their lives, in the event of anaphylactic shock. Tanden was one of millions expressing their outrage on social media at her actions, which resulted in multi million dollar bonuses for Manchin’s daughter. So, is this just a power play by an angry dad, and not some grand gesture of conscience?

This is the very definition of "conflict of interest". An ethical person would abstain from the vote. Joe's gotta go!

@LovinLarge Would you rather have a Republican Senator? I just think this is the rail he doesn't like her.

@barjoe He is as close to a Republican as a Democrat can get. We will defeat him with a progressive candidate in the next primary.

@LovinLarge Why? So that candidate can lose badly to a Republican? You say we? You live in Colorado. The people of WV chose him over Republican candidate in elections where the rest of the state went 70% GOP. There can be room for moderates in the party. He's a Democrat who's won statewide when the rest of the slate went solid Republican. I don't agree with him on this issue. He's a whole lot better than every Republican in the Senate.

@barjoe If one existed, I would choose a Republican with integrity over a Democrat without. Joe has proven himself decisively without on this issue. With a personal stake in the matter, it is his ethical duty to abstain.

@LovinLarge "If one existed" I am happy to have Joe Manchin in the Senate as opposed to every Republican Senator. He is part of the 50-50 Senate. I don't like that he had a conflict on Neera Tanden. I am conservative on some issues myself. I don't think every Democrat has to be lock step with the left. Joe Biden is moderate Democrat. He's the only candidate who could've beaten Trump. Trump knew this, that's why they contrived that nonsense on Hunter Biden. Joe was the candidate they were afraid of. Bernie Sanders would've gotten crushed.

@barjoe Your last four sentences are conjecture.

@LovinLarge The last sentence is conjecture. I'm pretty sure about the first three, but everything is conjecture if you think about it.

@barjoe Nope, facts aren't conjecture. Everything you can't prove, like your last four sentences, is conjecture. And conjecture is valid as opinion and makes for good conversation, but should never be confused with fact.

@LovinLarge "pretty sure" means it's not a fact, it's an opinion. People get mad at me when I say Bernie would've lost. If he had been the candidate 2016, I think he would've won.

@barjoe Opinion is conjecture.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:578562
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.