Agnostic.com

13 15

LINK Pastor: When I Was Bullied as a Kid, I Prayed, and My Bully Ended Up in Crutches | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

(If there is any smidgen of truth to it at all, I am sure it is a combinatin of coincidence and confirmation bias.)

Right-wing pastor Perry Stone — who’s best known for checking his phone while speaking in tongues, claiming to speak four languages at once (also in tongues), for delivering a sermon to a bunch of puppets, and going on sabbatical from his church after acting “inappropriately” with women in his ministry — wants you to know he was bullied as a child.

There’s nothing amusing about bullying. It’s actually hard to hear some of the stories he shared during a broadcast yesterday of being a victim as a child. But near the end of that segment, he also talked about how he got revenge against the kids who picked on him… with the help of Jesus...

...In another story, he says he shouted some Christian gibberish at other bullies and they also ran away.

So there you have it, kids. Pray to Jesus and your bullies will either run away or end up in physical pain. Yay…? So much for turning the other cheek.

snytiger6 9 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Shouting Christian gibberish at bullies may work. They probably thought he was round the twist and ran for safety. I was bullies at school by a much larger boy. I went to my older brother and he showed me what to do. It was a swift knee in the nadgers that sorted him out. I did get canned by the headmaster because i used a birty trick to defend myself. It wasnt jesus that saved me it was my knee and my brother.

What a fucking asshole!

If god is all seeing and 100% compassionate, why would you need to pray to get the bullies of your back?

‘Cause he isn’t really there!! Though faithfools think he is.

Don't tell me, let me guess... he's a Baptist, right?

I don't think so. Jesus was the good guy, it is God who is the bad one.

I was bullied as a kid, mercilessly, and I prayed too but it didn't do any good.

Me too, I was bullied in Primary School for months until the Scholl Bully and his 2 Followers started on a girl who wore glasses.
I could NOT stand by and watch that happen so I challenged to an All -in Fight after school one day.
Skinny as a tooth-pick me against a much bigger heavier built Brute but I remember what I was taught, LET him make the first swing and NEVER let ANGER into it because it becomes his weapon not yours.
To cut the story short, he swung first, I ducked, he missed and then I went in and brought him down BIG time.
A busted nose, bruised face, 2 Black eyes, split lips and a broken jaw later and he begging for mercy.
I walked away with sore and bruised knuckles and dozens of his victims cheering and patting me on my back.
A week later and he transferred to another school and was never heard of again.
No God, No Jesus, No Praying, just guts, grit and a determination to end his brutal reign.

So, God can break a kid's leg in answer to prayers, but can't (or won't) change his heart or mind? Sounds like God is the bully. The bullying kid was just following God's example.

As for the kids who ran away when the Rev. child started speaking in tongues, they probably thought he had lost flippin mind.

Faithfool saying crazy shit.

Idiot

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 26, 2021

When I was bullied as a kid in the 7th grade, my across-the-street neighbor Jimmy was a senior in high school and a defensive tackle on the football team. When I told him about being bullied, he went to school with me the next day, watched the bully start pushing me around. Then Jimmy came over, picked the bully up by the shirt (which popped off some buttons and tore it slightly), then shook him back and forth, and announced if he ever bullied me or anybody else again, he would come back and beat his face in. I was surprised at how Jimmy's normal, friendly behavior transformed into near-maniacal rage. That would scare the shit out of anybody. After that, the bully took care to stay well away from me. Lesson learned: Bullies respond to superior force. But I don't think they're very much afraid of Jesus.

Bullies only pick on those they feel are weaker and smaller who won’t stand up to them. After all is it ever the Football Players, or members of the wrestling team getting picked on?

I saw one bully get his ass handed to him one day. He picked on the wrong target, and wound up with 4 broken bones, had 2 teeth knocked out, had about 2 or 3 dozen bruises all over him as well as some internal bleeding. He deserved every bit of it despite some thinking it was a little too “extreme”.

Interesting take on "turning the othher cheek"....

If he was talking in tongues the way he does now, they ran because they thought he was nuts and going to explode. Whatever works right? That’s how many comedians started out. They found if they could make kids laugh, or laugh at themselves, they didn’t get picked on. Going on a gibberish rant would have the same effect. Nothing to do with gods.

I don't need revenge, but I do believe that if you shout some Christian gibberish at people they will run away.

I would!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:578826
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.