Agnostic.com

36 6

Do you ever look at the random pics of strangers and wonder if they are sociopaths?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I look at the profiles of people who ask questions about sociopaths and wonder if they are sociopaths....

My first thought haha!!!! respect lol.

@Nickbeee Mine also.

Stop with all the compliments ....

I look at random pics of people I know and wonder that, but let's leave my family out of this.

As a writer, I do thought exercises, so yes, sometimes, my exercise for the day (or the hour) is to go to a public place, pick out a person, and randomly 'spin the psychosis wheel' to give them a story. And then, in my mind, I flesh it out from there.

But, as we all know, writers are a sick lot, aren't we?

Not really. I look for the seamingly well adjusted, intelligent psychopaths. 😉

Pick me !!! Pick meeeeeee !!! ????

Yeah, and then i marry them.......hey, do I sound bitter?

@IamNobody ok! lol! 😛

@AnneWimsey more Sherlock or Dexter?

@Donna_I NO Dexter, thankyuvurrymuch. Would it give you insight if i told you when i was 12 i had a mad crush on Sherlock Holmes, the original?

Ha ha - this question is meant to be ironic, right?

Hell, I look side-eyes at people I Know sometimes!

I don't. Some , I hope, I will never meet ina dark alley, but then I hardly ever find myself in a dark alley. So then I scold myself and look at my picture of Wolverine.

lol

Sure..on dating websites!

Too true!

I see we share a hobby!

All the time!

What pics are you referring to? The ones here on user profiles, or just random on the internet?

A sociopath is a particular personality disorder. Most people who use the terms, "psychopath and sociopath" do not have an understanding of what they actually mean.

Yes, anyone with a photo on this site actually.

I'm glad I don't have my driver's license photo on this site. You would all think I have a "collection" in my basement.

Not my best.

@Donotbelieve [imgur.com]

Why would anyone think that, or it would even enter someones mind, just by looking at a random photo of a stranger?

IKR like not judging on appearance or anything lol

@MustardSeed Your insight is much better than mine.

LOLOL!!.. No.. Hilarious..

i wonder that when i look in the mirror! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Ha ha ha...yes!

I can spot a sociopath having dealt with them both professionally and personally.

I don't. Maybe I'm the one in 10?

The medical term in anti-social personality disorder. It happens in 1in 100 people according to the ICD 10. You are unlikely to recognise them just by their appearance (would that it were so easy). The glib, superficial pleasantries they affect mean that there are more likely to appear attractive, exactly the opposite. When I have encountered people with ASPD in the past (as a MH professional working in forensic psychiatry) I have been surprised by how plausible they appear. Tricky characters, even the more harmless ones. The thing to remember is to them, you are of no more value as an entity as a paper cup.

Ceaselessly.

Tims Level 3 Apr 15, 2018

It's a given

On FB, yes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:57890
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.