Agnostic.com

8 6

Agnostics may be the carriers for the most important vaccine in human history. This vaccine may very well prevent the spread of at least 2 different strains of the mind virus. The virus would possibly come in at least 2 stains, in the theist strand and the illogical atheist strand.

by Richard Dawkins, originating from his 1976 book The Selfish Gene.[12] Dawkins's own position is somewhat ambiguous. He welcomed N. K. Humphrey's suggestion that "memes should be considered as living structures, not just metaphorically. Wikipedia

Further information from Sam Harris would explain the atheist/theist mind virus that controls and makes decisions for people like the brainless slime mould cognition and the zombie ant fungus.

Free Will is a 2012 book by the American neuroscientist Sam Harris. It argues that free will is an illusion, but that this does not undermine morality or diminish the importance of political and social freedom, and that it can and should change the way we think about some of the most important questions in life. Wikipedia

Further research on agnostic minds may help to find a vaccine and cure for the mind virus because "agnostics can never know about the god meme or atheist meme virus ". That is if agnostics could infact "not know" and could "never know" because they are not infected with either strain of the mind meme virus organism.

Word 8 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Please show the study where this "mind virus" has been mentioned, and who the credible study was conducted by.

Personally, this sounds like horse hockey.

As mentioned in original post, the information of discussion comes from: "Richard Dawkins, originating from his 1976 book The Selfish Gene.[12] Dawkins's own position is somewhat ambiguous. He welcomed N. K. Humphrey's suggestion that "memes should be considered as living structures, not just metaphorically. Wikipedia"

Here is one starter point for reference.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

From link in previous reply
Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate, and respond to selective pressures.[5]

Proponents theorize that memes are a viral phenomenon that may evolve by natural selection in a manner analogous to that of biological evolution.[6] Memes do this through the processes of variation, mutation, competition, and inheritance, each of which influences a meme's reproductive success. Memes spread through the behavior that they generate in their hosts. Memes that propagate less prolifically may become extinct, while others may survive, spread, and (for better or for worse) mutate. Memes that replicate most effectively enjoy more success, and some may replicate effectively even when they prove to be detrimental to the welfare of their hosts.[7]

Agnosticism is irrelevant. Everyone is agnostic, including theists. They, like everyone else, DO NOT KNOW definitively if a god exists, this is why Agnosticism is irrelevant.

Theist: theist = belief in god
Agnostic: a = without; gnostic = knowledge
Atheist: a = without; theist = belief in god

In order to know, you must have knowledge, in order to have knowledge, you must have evidence. Believers simply believe without evidence producing knowledge. An atheist accepts knowledge that evidence produces. Theists have not produced any evidence for gods.

This is why atheists demand proof in order to obtain knowledge and theists demand belief in order to sustain their faith.

If you don't have belief in god or gods you are an atheist.

There is already a book that compares religion to a virus:
The God Virus: How Religion Infects Our Lives and Culture - by Darrel W. Ray

You are a God. You have proof of your existence.

@Word Gibberish, just grow up already.

@nogod4me I just posted this. I don't get it why people ignore historical fact that people have call ourselves gods for 1000s of years, why ignore historical fact?

"Why must people, or with what logic is there to ignore historical fact because it does not fit into ..."

@Word I already knew that silly fact, the Jesus character in the New Testament even mentions that nonsense (John 10:34). It is irrelevant, who cares, especially about what believers call themselves and believe. Many are insane and will deny reality right to its face. Just because they believe something doesn't make it true.

I think you need to stop believing the Bible and grow up.
Trying to distract with nonsense is childish.

@nogod4me no distraction, not specifically quoting the bible but am aware it is one source that labels us as gods prior to the invention of human.

@Word Like I said, Who Cares!

@nogod4me if you don't care, don't discuss the topic.

@Word I'm talking about what believers believe, it is just words without proof, who cares. Those who care, most likely WANT to believe.

You have gone from Agnostics being the vaccine for "at least 2 different strains of the mind virus." To telling me that I am God and I have proof of my existence. That is a distraction.

We all have a limited "free will" determined by anything and everything that ever happened to us in our upbringing. A poor person has less free will than one who is well off, etc. It is easy to be swayed in opinion. Advertising knows this. You might want to come home and fix that steak but come home and fix something else instead. BTW, the term "free will" is something apologists came up with for the religious because god wants you to "worship him of your own free will." This is very important in religious doctrine. God did not "force you" to worship him. This is kinda like a dictator who claims he is the legal ruler because you voted for him. LOL

As for a vaccine that will cure a mind virus, it will never happen. This is the difference between us and computers. Humans take the input and opinion of other humans to change and it is not always instantly. Computers can simply be cleaned up running a program. IF a mind virus vaccine was possible at all it would also be used to clean up murderers and others that do bad things in society. Most of us know that is just not happening.

Either worship me or you're gonna be tortured forever and ever in hell. It's your choice. Just remember that i love you but i won't hesitate to torture and kill you for the rest of eternity unless you do exactly as i say

@abyers1970 sounds like trump speech

So what's your take on Agnostic Atheist? Because I'm one of them. Why is atheism illogical virus strain?

Waste of time

I see no reason to make atheist an ideological system. I simply view it as likely fact that no gods exist, given all of the evidence or lack of evidence. Don't make more of it than that. .

Ism - a distinctive practice, system, or philosophy, typically a political ideology or an artistic movement.

AtheISM is an ISM.

See sarcasm worship given to the non-existent flying spaghetti monster sky God.

@Word So is agnosticism, what’s your point?

@Word All that it takes for ione to be an atheist is rejecction of any belief in any gods. If you define atheis atheism as belief in an organized dieological system sorroyundin the rejection of a belief in any gods, then I have nothing to do with atheist and do not want to have anything to do with. As you define the terms then they can be mutually exclusive. Your argument does not hold water.

@wordywalt you do not believe that people for 1000s of years have labeled themselves as gods? You do not believe historical facts?

@Word You bneed to read the works of Feuerbach more closely. What he said is that human beings cannot stand the feeling of being ignorant and powerless. Therefore, they have taken the best attributes of the human being th attributed thyem to an idealized image which they have called gods, and to whom they have attributed unlimited knowledge and powerl They they began, with the "help" pf priests, to worship that nonexistent being in order to gain its favor and to gain access to its knowledge and power. That is NOT labelling themnselves aqs gods.

@wordywalt Feuerbach may be speaking of a cultural specific style God that I am not familiar with.

In the beginning was "what people said" (logos - thought/word/speach),

"what people said" (logos - thought/word/speach) was with God and was God. John 1:1

...."what people said" (logos - thought/word/speach) became a person. John 1:14

@Word I do not refer to the bible for anything. It is a central piece in a false ideology.

@wordywalt your definition for God is: anything that has never existed, does not exist and never will exist. Correct?

@Word I do not define the concept of god. Being a false term, it is not worth the effort.

@wordywalt how is it false? You define god as a false term how do you define it false?

@Word I do not waste my time with your trivial games. I left any thoughts about the nature of relibion behind arouind 50 years ago. You remind me of Hesse's "glass Bead games."

@wordywalt I am not here forcing you to have discussion for what ever you want to call it. I am not here talking about your definition of religion and I am not doing it as if playing any games.

If you do not want to discuss, please feel free to not question or comment on the topic with any expectations of a response. This will leave you out of the discussion that way you do not have to bother with it.

If it "comes in at least two stains" (sic) then look deeply into yourself for the answers.

Maybe it's why I understand 2 strains. I've already done been looking.

@Word According to your logic, there would be three strains, Theism, Agnostic, and Atheist.

@xenoview could be

An Excellent example of using words to obscure lack of actual meaning!

Exactly, for some it is an art form

More anti atheist nonsense from you. Tiresome agnostic self- congratulatory wankery, and that's being polite. The only reason I haven't blocked you up to now is because, like the entry on Earth in The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, you are mostly harmless.

I'm glad you are not here to sneeze on me and spread your own strain.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579285
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.