Agnostic.com

11 10

LINK Lesbian Couple Says Mormon Church is Still Trying to Discipline Them, Years After They Left | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

(This account is similar to my personal experiences. It took about 10 years from my first request to be removed from the (Mormon) church rolls until it was finally done, and until then they kept coming to my door)

I’ve posted multiple times about a lawyer who’s helping thousands of ex-Mormons officially leave the Church for good. And every time, commenters ask the same questions: Why can’t you just leave? Why do you have to go through a lawyer? Why not just walk out and not look back?

The answer is simple: Unless you’re officially off their rolls, they’ll never stop harassing you. They’ll even enlist your friends and family members to bring you back. Without going through the formal process, your escape isn’t complete.

Now we have an example of that playing out.

snytiger6 9 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not even a pair of Magic underwear can protect you from a Mormon

Just insane

One of the more damaging American cults. JW's and Scientology right alongside for toxic.

I'd put evangelicals into that list.

I left the Mormon church in the early 2000s and they did keep harassing me until I officially wrote a letter to the bishop to get my name removed from the church membership. Then, I received a letter basically stating I would not reach that Celestial Kingdom, all my baptismal rights had been revoked and I seriously should re consider what I had done.

Well done you.my heartiest Congratulations for escaping from them.

The letter they sent to me told me I had been excommunicated. After ten years to trying to get out of the (Mormon) church was to think about framing it... perhaps in the same frame as my baptismal certificate. Then, I realized it wasn't all that important and I didn't need the reminder. I finally won (meanign they'd finally leave me alone). That was enough.

@snytiger6 even their patriarchal blessing is just superstitious nonsense threw mine out not even worth the paper it’s printed on nothing more than soothsayer which holds no water in reality

@AJimboShep82 I never had one. However my brother who is still in the church has had three, even though you are only supposed to have one.

I agree that there is nothing to them, as if there were they'd be showing them off as proof of the truth of their religion. When parts of them so come true, I suspect they are self fulfilling prophecies where the recipient makes a huge effort to make sure what was predicted comes true.

I didn’t even bother writing that letter I’m sure they are still trying to find me but they never will

@snytiger6 it’s only by chance if any of it does happen no different than drawing bower in each hand playing euchre

Seems like some law being broken with the harassment from them...

Speaking of harassment you should see how they treat people that “ fall away “ they practically down right stalk them

@AJimboShep82 is that their term for an apostate.?

@Canndue it’s been stated a few times by a few members and yes that is what was meant .

Yes, the vile spoor of Joseph Smith, con-man only having been recently released from jail, for running a con, before he "received" the Golden Tablets, which no-one else ever saw, from the Angel Moroni (Moron perhaps?).

Yeah, a part of me thought he (Joseph Smith) might have chosen the name in part because he know people who believed him were morons , as a little inside joke to himself.

@snytiger6 Exactly!

Smiths childhood home is 1/2 hr from here

Thanks for the info. It makes me glad I didn't join that church in my mid 30s.

They make it very difficult to "officially" leave. The reason is they count those who left "unofficially" as beign still members, which inflates their membership numbers, making it seem they have more folowers than they really do. That is not an uncommon practice among religions.

Ah yes, Mormonism, the Faith founded by a Philandering Confidence Trickster whose BIGGEST problem was keeping his dick in his pants and would NOT know the truth even if it got up and bit him.
Imo, OF ALL the Leeches of Religion the Mormon Church takes first Place beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Hey, @Birdman1, did I say something to upset you with my comment, the TRUTH btw, regarding Mormonism?

@Triphid I honestly do not know what you are referring to. Oh, my angry face? nO, that was not at all about your comment, but about Joseph smith, and his venal spoor.

@BirdMan1 Fair enough then now I understand.
But I forgot to INCLUDE one the WORST, imo, of the Founders of Mormonism, one Brigham Young, a War-mongering, Misogynistic, Inexcusable, Tyrannical, Mercenary, Venal, Money-Grubbing Bastard.

@Triphid Well put.

@Triphid Oh, but don't old back.

@BirdMan1 Friend, I try NEVER to "hold back" when it comes to ANY religion, Mormonism in particular, since my research over the many, many years has shown well EXACTLY what they are like.

@Triphid Good for you!

@Triphid come on, you must have an opinion on him...
😂

Harassment sure is fucked from the religious

I walked away from that shit show being an ex Mormon myself , I have seen a lot of shit including how they view African men not being permitted to hold the priesthood in their Book of Mormon with “ the curse of Cain “ and the way they treat women and homosexuality it’s all downright disgusting maybe their tax exemptions should be revoked .

So what’s the deal with their magic underwear?

@Canndue here is where it gets even more cultish ,there are symbols on the garments both top and bottom and those symbols even tie into the free masons “secret hand shakes “ and each also having to do with the priesthood’s ( the same hand shakes the free masons used ).

@AJimboShep82 what do the hash marks indicate? 😂

@Canndue [google.ca]

@AJimboShep82 not quite the hash marks I had in mind😂

@Canndue could have been brown marks just sayin lol

Not so much discipline........Persecute is more appropriate here.

Exactly

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579365
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.