Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Judge Tosses Lawsuit Saying Divorce Violates Christian Woman’s Religious Freedom | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Everyone needs to congratulate Henry King for finally freeing himself from a wife he’s tried to leave for nearly three decades.

In 1993, he first filed for divorce from Lynn King citing “cruel and inhumane treatment.” Because a judge said there wasn’t enough evidence of that, the divorce didn’t go through.

Now you might think that trying to get a divorce might be a sign that this marriage is broken… but they chose to stayed married. At least that’s what Lynn wanted.

Lynn is a Pentecostal Christian who believes marriages must last until death because those vows were “promised before God.” Also, she says, the Bible forbids divorce. Henry is literally bound to her for life now.

snytiger6 9 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My heartiest Congratulations to Henry, now he is LEGALLY Free of the Leech.
Though, somehow and sadly, I doubt that he has heard the last of her.

Poor Henry!

Crazy shit.
Some Hasidic Jews need their husbands permission to get divorced and then remarried in their church. Some husbands won't grant a divorce and a "cottage industry" of Jewish persuaders has risen. The future ex wives hire them to "convince" their husbands to let them go. It really has elements of the Mob going on.

And religion is supposed to be all about goodness, well if that’s the case I’d go with Beelzebub or Astaroth, Baphomet. Lucifer any day.

Wow! I remember when Pennsylvania had “fault” divorce, what a painful process! No such thing as mutual agreement divorce then. The one filing had to state some evil the other had done to them to cause the divorce. Even if it was just a mutual loss of feelings. Yuk!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579366
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.